Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hello! I guess now I have to say ¡Hola!

¡Hola!

I made it. Safe and sound. Jet lag is kicking my butt, but I am here and I am alive! I haven´t really had an opportunity to see Madrid yet, but there is a lot of red buildings I have seen haha. We are pretty much just here in the CCM (next to the temple) until Wednesday when we will get to go to the mission field. There are 8 of us that just showed up. 5 of us traveled together from the MTC and the other 3 traveled in from other temporary assignments that they were serving. 6 of us are going to Madrid, 1 to Barcelona and 1 to Malaga. There are 8 missionaries that were here before us. 7 from France and 1 from Arizona. 2 of them can speak Spanish and they all speak French (except the Arizona elder). That is definitely an adventure listening to them all blab off a storm in that mumbo jumbo French. It makes me think of Tim and wish that he was here to teach me how to speak hahaha. Basically we have a CCM schedule here again. It´s way more chill though and this CCM is way nicer! The beds are way comfortable, the showers are way nice. The food is...still good. The temple is closed for cleaning, so we will not be able to atttend. But that´s ok, because it´s in my mission. I feel bad for like Elder Call who is going to Barcelona and wil not be able to go. Maybe at the end of his mission I guess. But so that is pretty much where I am at now. Traveling went well to get here. We left the Provo MTC at 8 AM, so it was not crazy early like some of the people´s leaving times (Elder Andersen had to be there at 4 AM) which I was grateful for. Of course, you know that I got to call you for a bit, then hopped on the flight. It went well. I sat next to a convert and a girl that is going to school in Connecticut that wants to be a doctor and did not seem very excited that I was talking to her. She´s from Idaho. Crazy Idahoans... Then we were in Atlanta. We got over to our gate, went and got some food, called people. Went to board and boom, the flight was delayed. It was supposed to leave at 6:55 and was delayed until 7:55, then 10, then bumped up to 8:55. So during that time I just called you parents of mine again and then the new President of the England MTC, President Walker (I believe) and his wife, were there traveling to England and they saw us and came over and talked to us. Sister Walker´s father is President Hinckley, so that was pretty cool to be able to talk to them. Then on the next flight I got a window seat and nobody sat next me so I had that many more opportunities and positions to try and sleep as much as possible before a whole day of Spain. I slept for quite a bit of the flight luckily. But we got here and it was like 10:30 in the morning and so that was killer to be awake for the whole day (they told us we couldn´t sleep and had to wait until night haha punks...) but I survived. Then they told us that we did not have to get up today but could sleep in (Miracles happen!) so we got up at 8 in order to get ready to go to district meeting at 9. It was amazing. I slept hardcore. Yes. Hardcore. Then today, after Sacrament meeting, they let us take a nap! bahahaha 1.5 hr nap before we had a devotional with President Earl (the MTC President). It was a really great devotional about what it takes to baptize and how to get investigators to feel the spirit and follow through on commitments and what not. I like President Earl a lot. I believe he will be sending you a picture of me by the end of tomorrow night, so be ready for that! We do have more time here to email, so if ya´ll wanted to send emails now that would be great. I believe I shall have time to read everything and still say everything I want to (unless you all decide to type novels I guess) so that should be good stuff. I don´t have an address yet for mail really, because I will be leaving the MTC in like 3-4 days for the mission, so I guess that you will have to hold off on that.

Welp, That´s all I can really think of for the update of the last couple days, so I´ll go ahead and summarize the last couple days of my Provo MTC experience as well. Tuesday night Elder Holland came and gave us an AMAZING talk on what it means to be a missionary and how Peter went back to his fish net after the Savior died and then Christ asked him if he loved him and then told him to leave the net again. It was an absolutely amazing talk about what it takes to be a solid missionary and leave your net and serve the savior. I love Elder Holland, and I got to see him twice in Provo! Then thte next day, which would be Wednesday, the new district for Hermano De Leon came in and Elder Call and I would just hang out with them when we had free time. That is also the day I got my Visa! The new district is super cool. Then after that we just got ready on Thursday to come here. Bought all the stuff we needed and what not and then packed (50 lbs. in each bag with 35 lbs. of carry-on, callin´ it close eh?) Everything went great.

Welp, It seems to me like we are wrapping up our time here to e-mail home, so I´ll close this up. Thank you everybody that has helped me come this far! I love you all. Keep up the good work back home and I´ll see what I can do here in Spain.

Love,
Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment