Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

Hello everyone. It's your favorite missionary, yet again. Just like every other Tuesday. Cool, eh? I've been saying "eh?" a lot today, so I'm sorry for those of you who I wrote letters to earlier today. Let's get crackin'.

Last Tuesday night we had Elder David S. Baxter of the Seventy give us a delightful talk about why we are Christian and scriptural references that hammered traditions of other Christian churches. It was sweet. He was super straight up and blunt about it. I liked it.

Then on Wednesday we got the newbs again. It's always great when we get the newbs. I don't know why, but it is. Like I said last week, I was part of a little teaching seminar activity deal for them, it was pretty fun and cool. Definitely glad I got the opportunity to do it. Also, along with the newbs, Shaun Harris, Sean Bergeson, and Joe Quillen made an entrance into the grand and luxurious center of training. I see Elder Bergeson a lot, Elder Harris a few times, and Elder Quillen like 3 times a day almost. It's great stuff for sure. So it's nice to have them all around.

Hermano De Leon has been back for the last 2 weeks too. It's been absolutely amazing having him back. He really is an amazing teacher/person. I want to grow up to be him. He's from the streets of Guatemala and the missionaries showed up and taught him. We don't have Hermano Koller anymore, I don't know if I mentioned that last week, but it has definitely been sad without him. It's alright though he's just over in the TRC so we can still set up "appointments" with him and teach him or learn specific lessons from him. Very nice.

So the visa news: No visa. No reassignment. Just hangin' out in the MTC with Elder Call and who knows who else. We are not sure what we will do about a district. Hermano De Leon and Hermana Bauserman (our new teacher) are getting a new district of natives (so they are fluent in Spanish of course) that we might be able to hop in with starting on Monday. That would be amazing because I would get to be around Spanish a lot more. And a lot more Spanish is a lot more learning. Win! But so they're not reassigning us because they expect a visa soon. But, if we don't get our visa in the next week the lady at the travel office said she would push Salt Lake harder for a reassignment. So whatever happens we'll all just have to wait and see!

On Sunday we sang as a district in Sacrament Meeting. Llevar al mundo la verdad (or something) anyways it's "Army of Helaman" but we sang it in Spanish of course. I didn't get called on to give a talk, it was Elder Andersen from our district. It's funny cause the whole week he had been telling us how he had a feeling it would be him, and sure enough, it was! But so we tore up that song and then at night we had a talk from Richard I Heaton. He does something here at the MTC. But he talked about teaching techniques and what it took to convert someone. The coolest part is that he had a bunch of recent converts (within the last 2 years), that are now missionaries here, stand up and share their story. It was really cool. Almost all of them (more than half) found the church through girlfriends haahhahahaa. That was pretty funny.

Also, on Sunday night was the CES fireside from Elder Christofferson. We don't get to watch those as missionaries, but they do get put up on LDS.org within like 8 minutes of the ending so I watched that Sunday night instead of watching a different church film (we get to watch church films for an hour on Sunday nights. They have like 4 options, or you can go back to your classroom). He talked about how we need daily "manna" from the Lord just as they did in the bible, except it's not physical bread (sometimes it is) but spiritual bread. It was really cool to be reminded that we need to rely on the Lord every day for help. If you didn't see it, I suggest you watch it.

I really don't have much else from the past week of awesome things. Greg gave me a challenge, but I'm too big of a chicken to answer it on here cause I don't want to publicly humiliate myself. I answered it in his letter and if I was right I'll throw it on the next email. We'll see how I did! Oh yeah, we got an email from Elder Woodbury like on the 2nd and he was telling us about Spain. It sounds pretty sweet. He gets to go out and really contact and on P-Day he gets to roam Madrid and go sight seeing and what not. Legit! He also was forced to stay up until midnight on New Years Eve and watch Madrid go crazy. That made me a little Jealous! Next year, eh?

All I have left is a couple of things to tell people/request. Yay.
Mom! I need Grandma Vinson's address again please. I forgot to write it down and I'm not gonna dig through all of my mail to find it unless I have to. Thanks! Also, if you're gonna send me awesome hockey stats then put enough postage on it punk! Just kidding. I loved the stats. Thank you tons. Stupid penguins needed to win! But I hear Crosby has a concussion now? Uh oh....

Abby-Good luck with your first Cheer competition this week! Tear it up, have fun, and remember you're the shiznat's little sister!

Tim/Melissa-I am pretty sure that I can watch movies on my email. I don't think I can here in the MTC, but when I hit somewhere in the real world I should be able to view it. If not, the DVD players are PAL in Europe. Greg can convert them if you don't know how or don't have the proper program to do it or whatnot. Nonethless, we shall find a way that I can see that amazing moment. I'm stoked everything went well with Natalie's surgery and she even became "Princess Leia" after! Can't wait for pictures.

Dad/Stepmom-I know you're both dying to make mud pie, so when you give into that urge toss a piece in a tupperware and ship it to me! I'll return the tupperwares even when I send my box home before I leave teh MTC. I love you both so much!

Welp, to close I just want to tell everybody I know this church is true! Sometimes when we go through hard times in life it might seem like it's too much or that the Lord isn't helping us out, but that's not true! Sections 121, 122, and 123 are amazing scriptures for when you feel like this. Prayer opens the heavens and is an amazing blessing in my life as well as scripture reading. Also, I'm amazingly grateful for all the amazing support I have and the love I feel each and every week, both from my loving Heavenly Father and all friends and family. Love you all!

"Hope is the anchor to the souls of men"

Love, Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment