Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 20th.

Hello familia, amigos, y desconocidos.  ¿Cómo estáis este gran día?


Welp, I had a killer week.  I basically have nothing good to talk about this week.  I´m sorry.  I will run a recap anyways though, because I think that´s better than not sending a letter.  I am only sending this to you, Mom and Dad.  This computer is ghetto.  Please forward it like a boss.


Last Wednesday was P-day, and we teach English classes.  I taught the beginners.  It was fun.  They have terrible pronounciation, and I have terrible spelling now.  I´m getting worse at English and slowly (sloowowwllly) getting better at Spanish.  We´ll see where I´m at at the end of the mission eh? Maybe I´ll just be terrible at both.
Whatevs.  Thursday began the travels.  We left at 10 in the morning, but before that we taught Rosana.  Let me tell you a little bit about her.  She´s legit.  She came to the church looking for the missionaries.  She had been once in Barcelona and apparently has been investigating for a year now without the missionaries.  Basically,
throught the internet (which is always sketchy).  So we taught her, and she basically was like ¨Yeah I´ve wanted to get baptized for a year, but I do like to drink a little wine with dinner sometimes. What´s that all about?¨ So we told her we would get to that commandment and told her what we do as missionaries and stuff.  She seems pretty
promising.  Then we hopped on a mini cruise ship (Isn´t life so rough) and sailed down to Gran Canaria.  It was a 5 hour boat ride and really is like a little cruise ship.  A pool, bars, lots of chairs and stuff.  Unfortunately only the chairs really did us any good as missionaries. yay. Then we slept there that night and the next morning I left Elder
White with the missionaries of Vecindario and caught a flight to Madrid.  Basically, I spent the entire weekend there just to do an hour of residency stuff.  The good news: I can stay in Spain for a really long time now.  The bad news: We were away from our area for 4 days!  So I hung out with Elder Jackson and Elder Vogel (the
secretaries) and called life good (boring) as I just went to their visits and stuff.  There were some funny members that had me do the chicken dance as a way of being welcomed into the ward Friday night though. That was good stuff.  The other good news is I was able to put some of conference on CD and print a few talks.  This is enough to suffice until I can read them ALL (thanks mom).  Basically, That´s all I did.  Then on Monday Elder White and I were back in action finally! We called Omar (17 year old with a fecha) to set an appointment and found out he is in Juvi!  He broke into a house with his friends and started breaking stuff.  It´s so sad!  He had been living a sketchier life and decided to change it and wanted to get baptized and everything then he did that.  So now we´ll see what has to happen. Pretty sure he has a long time before he´ll be able to get baptized now though what with probation and all that good stuff.  Shoot! Rosana is still legit though and we will hopefully be finding some more people soon.  Elder White and Elder Schuerch couldn´t do a TON of missionary work because of a lot of personal issues that were going on with Elder Schuerch, so the work is a little slow here right now. That´s basically all I have.  Sorry!  I also forgot my camera, so I can´t show you all the fun pictures of swimming in the ocean that
Elder White and I did for P-Day today.  Oh wait, we can´t swim!  Yup. We were going to visit the island, but the member that was going to drive us car´s broke down, so we had another chill P-day that I somehow didn´t do anything productive that I should have.  Oh well! next week eh?  I really did forget my camera though.  So sorry.




Mom, Father´s day really did happen here in Spain, so I´m not a complete fool.  I will just be skyping from either a random members house or a locutorio.  I think that means cyber cafe in English.  I have no idea at what time or anything though.  Who will be there? Could I add in with Tim and his family and everything? Are you going to invite Kylie over? etc... Let me know what the situation is and when would be best to email.  I got all my mail in Madrid, etc.  So that´s good.  I also got it from Vigo, including my license.  Thank you.  I´m sorry it´s snowing over there. I'm soaking up sun for all those who are in a fight with Mother Nature.  You´re welcome.  Caitlyn King is engaged?!?!  Wow.  Mind blown.  Jaw dropped.  Tanton (Elder Jefeson) is surprised.  But that´s awesome.  Lots of engagements going on I hear.  Not me though, no way! Single for life baby (or 2 years at least).


I have a challenge this week.  I noticed that there were a lot of talks in conference about gaining a testimony little by little and not having one big vision type thing, so I would like to invite anybody who reads this to pay attention in the next week and try and write down 5 ways they see the Lord´s hand in their everyday life.  Then, when you have succesfully rocked this challenge, to either email or snail mail it to me!  I would love to hear about the blessings that are going on back home.  I love you all!  Thank you for all you do for me.  You´re the Lord´s hand in my life sooo often!


Love,
Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment