Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A finch wakes up to worms.

¡Buenos días!

How is my glorious family this great 27th of April?  First off, it seems like everybody had a great Easter, and second off I have slacked off on birthdays so happy birthday to Sophie, Taylor Peacock in the past weeks and to Tim and Stepmom this week!  Wahoo.  Life is so great when you get older ;)
My past week has been another slower week.  It was the Semana Santa.  This means like the whole week is Easter week basically.  All it really means though is Spring Break.  Everybody goes on vacation and family trips and stuff.  So there was basically nobody in the streets and most of our investigators had families in town and stuff like that so they couldn´t meet with us. It´s ok though, because even on hard days we´re still in paradise, right? :)  Greg got me my travel stats.  Here they are for those interested:

So I did the math on the distance you've traveled (in direct distance, not on roads):  
-From Vigo to Madrid: 289 miles
-From Madrid to Canary Islands: 1115 miles
-Back to Madrid: 1115 miles
-And back to CI: 1115 miles

For a grand total of 3634 miles!  To put that in perspective, that's the distance across the US, from Aberdeen, MD, to Anacortes, WA.  If you were to ride that distance by bicycle at an average pace of 3.3 mph (which is the average pace of an average bicycle rider on long rides), it would take you 66 days to make the trip.
Cool, right?  Thanks Greg.  So teaching English classes has been fun.  We showed them ¨The Restoration¨ in English so that they could ¨Practice listening¨ hahaha Aren´t we such sneeky missionaries?  Rosana is continuing to progress well.  She has come to church both Sundays since we invited her and the branch is really welcoming her well.  The only problem is that she wants to wait until like Septemer so her friends can be there or something still.  So we will talk to her about that in the next week or two hopefully.  Sunday, I found out before church that I had to give a talk (which I have never done in Spanish yet)  So I got to wing a talk in Sacrament Meeting.  I feel like it went well.  I talked about covenants and the importance of making them and why we have ordinances and stuff.  Yup.  Hmm. Carmen is an investigator that has been investigating for a long time. I´m not sure exactly, but I think it´s like a year or so.  She is so ready to be baptized, but is just postponing it.  We are trying to help her feel ready.  She says she doesn´t feel ready yet.  I think there might be something else there too, but we can´t help her if we don´t know it!  We´re doing our best though.  Hmmm, yesterday, my companion got stuck in his bathroom for an hour.  He went in and a few minutes later I got a yell ¨Elder Jeppson, come here I need some help¨.  So I was like, well this is never a good situation.  Lo and behold his lock broke haha.  So he couldn´t get out!  Eventually we ended up drilling a hole through the door with scissors and a screwdriver and then I handed him the screwdriver through the door so he could prise (pry)(ummm...) it open.  It was good fun.  Pictures included.  Luckily we didn´t have to cancel any appointments.  If he had been in there for like 20 more minutes we would have had to.  ¡Todo salió bien!  That´s about all I have to report.  Life´s been great/chill this past week.  I have P-Day tomorrow actually.  Because we´re going to have have it with the other missionaries on Tenerife.  We´re flying there (surprise surprise I´m flying again) for the Zone Conference that is on Friday.  Everything should go well with that I´m hoping.

Hey dad, could you send me a picture of our family?  Maybe better to ask Stepmom that desire, huh?  Hey Stepmom, could you send me a picture of our family? I don´t have one of all of us :(  And if anybody else wants to send pictures I would love to have hard copies of all the great things going on back in your lives.  Mom, could you put some general conference talks on disc in Spanish and send them to me? I would like to practice listening to Spanish and this is the only solution I can really come up with.  It doesn´t matter from what session or anything.  If you need help, maybe Greg can help you out? I dunno.  But I´m still bad at listening! Getting better though.  I would like to give a personal shoutout to Tim and Melissa for their recent missionary work with a lady at the hospital.  You rock!  The branch here feeds us better than any other area I have been in.  Every Tuesday, Thursday and every other Sunday we have people pretty much consistently, so don´t worry about that.  Unfortunately, I don´t have a crock pot in my new piso.  As far as Skype goes, I will be skyping on Mothers Day.  I hear it´s the 8th.  So that day.  I need to know what time will be best for everybody so I can do it when you are on Skype.  It´d be a shame to waste my time on Skype with no family there!  I can do it at any time of the day, and I´m 7 hours ahead.  So dad, mom, figure out how that´s gonna go. I don´t get that much time, I´m not sure if I´ll have to split it between families or how that will go, but let me know by next week what´s going on.  Hmmm.  I think that´s all I really have.  I love you all! Go to the temple if you can, if not, then just prepare for it by reading the Book of Mormon hahahahaha I loooovovveeeee the Book of Mormon!


Love,
Elder Jeppson

P.S. the attach a picture thing isn´t working.  Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment