Friday, November 9, 2012

...Para que tengan gozo



Hola familia! Qué tal estáis?

I feel like I don't need to remind you, but this could be the last time I sit down at a computer and type in "dope family members" and then "apostate missionary friends" and then send a big email to all of you.. as a missionary.  I don't think it's set in yet.  I don't think it will until I hear a little *click* as they steal my chapa from me.  Thieves.  But it's alright. There's a time and a season, and even cold winter follows the heat of summer and so we play in the snow.  

It's been a good week.  Edid got baptized! It went really really well.  Very spiritual, no problems, lots of people went, and it was everything I could have ever asked for at the end of the mission.  It's been a great blessing to see her change and let the gospel into her life.  Isn' t it amazing what the Lord can do when we let Him? Isn't it amazing that he let's US choose?  that's a loving dad if I've ever heard of one. I don't know if I could be so trusting.  But I guess I need to llegar a ser así.  It's all about becoming.  And that's what Edid has been doing.  Progressing and making changes and becoming a happier person that understands more of what her Father has in store for her.

Argenis had his interview right after the baptism.  It was a really spiritual experience for him.  He decided he wants to wait longer before his baptism, but you can see the difference in him now.  We've met with him a couple of times since and you can just feel the difference.  He'll get baptized in like a month or so, so I'm not even worried or sad about it.  I actually feel really, really good about it.  So I guess that's another blessing from the Lord.

Today was an epic p-day.  Would you expect anything less for the last one?  I wanted to go out in style, as you already know, so we went to La Gomera.  That's a different Canary Island. I saw el Hierro while over there too. So I have officially stepped on 5 and seen all 7! Canario for life baby! We took the car on a ferry and toured the entire island in like 5 hours.  We picked the perfect day to do it too.  It had rained the night before, so there were like waterfalls off of all the cliffs and lots of rainbows everywhere... It was amazing.  Even the ferry ride over was fun.  We went from the ocean to mountains to canyons and up and down and in between all of it for the whole day.  Lots of memories.  An epic way to end the p-days.  

And that's about all I have.  I'm really grateful for all the help and love and support and letters and emails and packages and everything you've all given me throughout the mission. You probably never even realized how much it really meant for me and helped me.  But it did.  I probably don't even realize it either.  I definitely couldn't have ever done this without all the help I've gotten.  I feel really good about these two years I've been able to turn over to the Lord.  I know I've done my best and He's made up for the difference when I've fallen short.  At the start of the mission I always wondered where I would go and who I would be with and what stories I would have, and now it's all been written and I have been very blessed.  I love it.  I. Love. It.  

So onto the next step.  That's what they all tell me.  Another chapter in the Book of Jeppson.  Back to the world, but not back to the old life.  Onto the studies and the part where there's a princess and dragons get slayed more than ever, right?  I'm pretty sure I turned that into a fairytale on accident.  But let's be honest, we all know it's the Gospel that really takes us to our "happily ever after."  And that's what it's all about right? That's what it's always been about. Ever since the start.   Lehi said it best. 

That they might have joy.

I love you all.

-Elder Tanton Sil Jeppson

P.S. Take that Spain! Boom. Roasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment