Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Por ti, lo haría mil veces

G´day mates! Let's throw another shrimpo on the barbie! 

I added the o to shrimp so it'd seem more spanish. that's how we speak spanish, right? Add o's to all the words and it's all good. Buah! Maybe in Mexico... Toma Robbins! hahaha I love you.

It's been a good week. I'll get started from the start.  I believe I was in Gran Canaria the last tiem we talked. Did I tell you that on Hermana Eynon's computer the ENTIRE new Taylor Swift CD downloaded before my very eyes and I didn't even listen to any of it? You can high five me later.  That took courage. but seriously..

Zone conference went really well.  Elder Woodbury and I talked about goals, studies, not comparing ourselves to others to see success, and a couple of other things as the things that we wish we had known to focus on more at the start of our missions.  We then changed over a bit and talked about how to make lessons spiritual experiences by really focusing on the needs and situations of the investigators.  If you put yourself in somebody elses situation for like 4 seconds before just getting upset or losing patience it's amazing how easy it is to see why they are doing the thing that they are doing.  Sometimes it's still stupid, but at least you can see a bit why. And then help them. It's all about Inspiring. INSPIRE.  Mayday Parade anybody? Yeah? cool.  So we talked a bit about that. And it was cool. and I feel good about it.  

I just found a crying shame. My card reader broke.  2 years of lugging it around in my backpack and it kicks the can finally.  I had some real good pictures for this week too.  Including one with fellow Cache Valley Canary Island missionary Hermana Marshall.  You'll have to wait until later I guess.  Lots of good pictures of the zone conference and P-day today. 

I'll talk about P-day now!  Are Greg and Tim super proud of my new found paragraph habit that I formed thanks to them?  For p-day we went up through Anaga again cause it was raining and I must say it was B-E-A-utiful again.  We dropped down to a city called Taganana.  It was legit.  We saw a black sand beach and got lots of rain blown in our faces from the many lookout points over the gorgeous valley.  I think it was another success p-day.  Next week is the going out with a bang day. Hopefully it goes well.  Details to come.

Missionary work? Alright.  Edid is all set to go for this weekend.  We literally had to clean out cobwebs from teh baptismal font a couple of days ago to get it ready. It's been over 2 years since there was a baptism here.  Legit! She's way excited.  It's always fun to see the change that comes over pepole and see them through to this point.  We also have Argenis set up for next week still, but he's a lot more hesitant.  We've had some good lessons with him and he's praying about it a lot, so let's hope that all goes well with that.  I guess we'll know a little more next week.  So much good stuff for next week, eh? And let's be honest, I'll probably forget to talk about half of it.  Such is life....

Welp, I don't have a lot else to say.  I'm just trying to keep it real over here in the Canary Islands.  Awwww I love them so much! Ser canario - un orgullo.  I guess I'll have to come up with a get rich quick scheme so I can make my way over here again someday... Until next time. 

-Elder Jeppson

P.S. When you're the best of friends.  Tod and Copper.

No comments:

Post a Comment