Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A scoundrel in the night.

I gave my email that subject so that everybody would think a crazy story happened in the night this week or something, but nothing happened.  Sorry!

Familia!  How are you all doing?  Sounds like a lot of things have been going on back home.  Lots of awesome weather too.  I love how many people always talk about the weather! It´s like everybody has one giant grudge against Mother Nature.  It´s ok everybody.  It always rains a lot in May! hahaha It´s getting really humid here on the island.  So although the temperature is nothing too amazingly hot, it´s really humid and makes you sweat more than normal haha.  It´s good stuff.  Well, here´s the summary you´re all dying to hear, unfortunately not a lot happened this week:

We taught our English classes just like normal Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  That´s usually fun.  It´s a nice break from walking around in the street at times too.  We taught a less active member on Thursday and she came to church on Sunday, so that was cool to see.  Her name is Fani.  She´s from Uruguay.  We just keep going on our super cultural mission here.  Rosana hasn´t been coming to church and can never meet with us, so that has been a dying cause it seems like.  She says she´s really busy with work.  We´ll see if that dies down soon or if she keeps coming up with excuses.  Saturday we found out transfers.  Which reminds me, I´m still in Arrecife.  I expected that.  In fact, not a single missionary in the islands changed at all. There´s only 10 of us down here.  In fact, there weren´t even too many changes in the whole mission.  We did pick up Cuenca (a city) from the Málaga mission though.  So there are Madrid missions in Cuenca now.  It´s clear out in middle of nowhere.  Also on Saturday an 8 year old girl got baptized in the branch here.  That was kind of fun to go see.  Church on Sunday was pretty much really normal. No investigators came so we just went to all the meetings like normal.  I love going to church.  It´s always such a great 3 hours of my week.  Monday was a pretty good day.  We taught a lesson on the temple and it made me really miss it and wish I could go.  It was a good spiritual lesson though and I´m hoping it gets that family stoked on going to church again.  They´re kind of in a slump... Also, later that night we went to the outskirts of Arrecife to give a member a blessing.  I gave it this time and it was really cool to see how much my Spanish has improved since my first blessing that Elder Gardner and I gave in B2.  hahah I wish I could hear that one again.  They probably didn´t even have any idea what I was trying to get across.  Oh well I guess.  But the really cool part about blessings is feeling the spirit guide.  The priesthood really is such a blessing in our lives.  It really is.  Then yesterday, Tuesday, nothing really happened.  We tried to have district meeting but there was a big server crash in SLC or something so the conference system didn´t work.  Dang gatekeeper kept rejecting us, that bully (haha).  So we spent an hour trying to fix that (we hadn´t been told it was a SLC crash) and then had a couple of people cancel on us in the afternoon and went and taught a family from the branch that they ask us to visit every week or 2 weeks-ish.  It´s always fun.  Lessons are the best.  They´re good Spanish practice for me.  That´s all I really have for this grand week.  Yay.  P-day today we just hung out in Arrecife.  No members offered to take us so we basically just did our chillaxin thang in the city.  

Mom, I need my other SD card so I can send you this one before you go to AZ.  So put that in the mail! I only have 2. I sold one in the MTC hahaha.  Also, I might be going back to Madrid again for another residency trip haha.  
They´re not sure if I have to personally pick up my Residency Card or if they can do it for me.  So we will see if I make another quick trip to Madrid in the next couple of weeks.  I want to know what happened to Washington in the playoffs.  Dangit! I also need the MTC address.  I thought I had that thing memorized forever but I already forgot it!  Love you all.  

Love,
Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment