Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I don´t know how to tell you this but.... there´s a Chinese family in our bathroom....

Bwah.  What a semana crazy I have had.  I know I say it every time, and you´re all sick of hearing it, but it was a very fast week.

So let´s begin.  Empecemos, pues.  I´m pretty sure that the last time I talked to you was last...Wednesday, right?  We had a Family Home Evening with the Morales family that night.  But it ended up being a mess...kind of.  We usually have it at the Ventura´s house with them, the Morales family, and Marjorie, and some other random members.  But this week The Morales family told us to come to theirs so they could invite a menos activo to come and get stoked on the church again.  So we did.  BUT apparently Marjorie had decided she wanted to have it in her house for once and so when we invited her to the Morales house she was like but what about in my house and blah blah blah people getting upset eventually everybody showed up at the Morales house except the menos activo.  Who thought it was Thursday after all of that.  Bahahaha. But it´s ok, because we´re going to Marjorie´s house tonight for it.  Nani did go last week though, so that was cool.

Speaking of Nani, I´ll just update ya´ll on her now.  Her fecha has officially been changed to the 30th instead of the 1st, since conference will have the stake center in Madrid going crazy busy.  So that´ll be next Friday.  We´re pretty excited for that.  She has progressed a ton since our first lesson with her (which was like my 1st or 2nd day here in Alcobendas).  It´s been cool to see.  In the past week she got a new job, super excited, then got laid off again, and super sad.  But she is handling it really well, which to me shows how much she has improved.  Yup.  All is well. 

Sonia has been crazy busy, so we haven´t been able to meet with her in like....a week and a half.  BUT she did come to church on Sunday, which was a really good sign.  Usually people just fall off the face of the earth.  But she´s still on the face, so that´s good.  We had an appointment with her at 3:00 today, but like all P-day lessons ever in the history of the world, it failed.  She forgot, so she told us to come back at 8:00 tonight.  So we´re going to.  Guess we´ll see how it goes and where she´s at on it all. 

Friday was spent planning all the transfer stuff and getting everything all ready.  Madre mía that was an adventure.  Not the planning.  That went really well.  We just have to figure out how everybody will get from one point of Spain to the other point without being alone if possible.  The crazy part was Monday and Tuesday when we were driving everybody everywhere to do everything.  I forgot the sad news last week too: Arrecife got closed :( Super sad.  The branch is still there obviously, but there are no missionaries working there right now.  That´s gonna be really really hard on the branch, but the president and mission leader have been fighting.  And President doesn´t like when leaders of the church fight together when it´s such a blessing to even have missionaries.  So Elder White came back to the peninsula.  He went all the way to the north in A Coruña.  He was in a trio with us for Monday afternoon and Tuesday Morning.  But at the end of yesterday, I was seriously DEAD.  Not literally, but metaphorically.  So yeah. First time doing transfers:survived.

That is seriously what my last week is composed of.  Transfer crap.  Blegh.  It´s hard to keep life balanced between all the jazz I have to do in the office and making sure that everything is taken care of with the actual missionary work in our area.  I think the Lord has a super busy future ahead for me and he´s just training me to have a headache and stress hahaha.  It´s not really that bad, I´ve only had like 3 headaches here.  Which is good.  I am really excited for this transfer that´s coming.  I think Elder Woodbury and I have a lot of potential together here as a companionship.  So we´re gonna do what we can do. 

As for regular world stuff, it sounds like all is well.  September is a birthday month.   So happy birthday to everybody.  Elder El-Bakri, Eskelson, Stephenson, Chad (Gunnell and Smith), Joe Quillen, and everybody else that I´m sure I didn´t mention.  I love hearing from all the other people.  I think Elder Gunnell goes into the MTC either today or in a week.  Either way,  good luck my friend.  It´s quite an adventure.  And I´m not even learning Russian.  Mom, give him a hug for me.  Or just somebody else.  Whoever gets around to it.  Thanks. 

Well, I still have 15 minutes, but I´m pretty much out of stuff to say.  I hope that all is well with everybody.  Seems to me like it is.  Enjoy the beautiful Utah Autumn, because it´s just not the same in the blasted middle of the Iberian Peninsula. Mountains are...non-existent.  The temperature is starting to bajar though, so that´s good.  Everybody in the world has come back from vacation now almost.  And that´s how it is these days. 

I know this church is true.  I love it.  Serving the mission is an amazing blessing. Thanks to all who have helped me to get here, especially my parents.  But all the friends too.  I wouldn´t be who I am without ya´ll´s.  The church is true.  I love you all. Elder Cardon, good luck out there.  Tear up Utah como si fuera Honduras.

Love,
Elder Jefeson

No comments:

Post a Comment