Thursday, November 24, 2011

Because you don´t get lucky twice...

Well.  Here we are.  Wednesday.  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  Eat your hearts out. 
 
Well howdy ya´ll.  It´s been another 7 days so I thought I´d take some time to write you about it.  I´ll start with talking about stuff.
 
Last Wednesday we met with the Mexican family again.  They´re fantastic people!  The hard part is they fall in that category of 80% that have jobs and crazy lives.  So we can´t meet with them very often.  We took a legit member with us to it and gave, what I felt like, a very spirit-filled lesson about the restoration of the church.  We gave them some ejemplares del libro de mormón and explained to them the promise.  They said they´d do it.  I´m not really sure why, but we didn´t invite them to church. We should have.  We had another appointment set up for this afternoon, but earlier today they called us and told us they can´t.  BUT the good news is we asked them if they have been able to read and they said yes! and that they would tell us their "experience" when we meet with them again.  We´re hoping it´s good news and not like, "when we opened the book it dropped and the sharp corner cut open my sons toe."  We´ll see I guess. 
 
Sonia.  We taught her the second half of the plan of salvation. We took Leyddy (yup, really spelled like that), Farrah, and Laura to it.  And it was like a party.  It is what Sonia wants though.  She wants to see/hear the testimony of lots of people.  It´s good. I think it really helps her. I guess we´ll see if she has the courage to make the necessary changes.  BUT she is currently taking an extra course that her work requires so she is even more busy and can´t even meet with us at 9:30 at night for two weeks.  So we´ll see what happens after 2 weeks of not being able to meet with her. 
 
Unfortunately María pulled one of those disappearing off the face of the earth tricks.  We have NO idea what happened, but she´s sure as heck gone.  It´s a super bummer.  She was so chosen.  So escogida to accept. So I guess we´re gonna have to see if she ever comes back again.  We´ll pray so. 
 
Have I mentioned Elsa? Yes. I remember my flojo dominican comment from last week.  So cool.  She seems promising.  Couldn´t come to church, but we´ll try and press forward saints.  She had read from the folleto and seems to understand pretty well.  Let´s hope she doesn´t pull a Victor on us and tell us she´s already a member.  Buah!
 
Efraín is the same old.  Progressing, actually.  The problem is that he is just progressing towards a giant stone wall that says "get married."  Behind that wall are the waters of baptism though.  It´s been fun to see him progress from loving idols like all catholics to himself telling his girlfriend/wife that he should probably take them down...  Crazy.
 
Claribel is going well still. She lost her job unfortunately, so add her to the over 20% that don´t have a job.  I want you all to know that I am currently listening to some lady raise her voice angrily in a crazy language off to my right.  Probably Arabic.  Elder El-Bakri should come translate for me.  Did I get distracted? Sorry.  So we can meet with Clari more, but it´s kind of unfortunate now that she´s all ready to be interviewed and everything.  Would have been nice earlier.  Oh well. She´s well prepared and her date is the 6th of December.  It´s a holiday here so more people will be able to come. I´m sure I´ve explained that 5 times to you all already though.
 
Also, on yesterday, we had a ZONE conference.  What is that you ask? I´m not sure either since I haven´t had one in 7 blasted months.  But I guess it´s this great event where missionaries all get together and talk about cool experiences and cool things that will help us all seek the spirit more and re-boost our batteries.  It was pretty fantastic.  I don´t have any pictures unfortunately, cause I just assume these days that I´m in the office so I´ll get them somehow. I never do.  Buah.  But that was good times fo shizzle.
 
Hmmmm...On Sunday a member and his wife made us food. She is from Romania and so she cooked us some crazy food. It was like a chicken rollup, but the outside was a crepe and inside was rice and meet and stuff.  Maybe Doug can help me put a name on that.  I dunno. It was..pretty good.  At best. Haha. I was sent to Spain for a reason.
 
Well, that´s all I´ve got for this week.  I´m hoping it makes somebody happy back home. If not, I´ll try again next Wednesday.  I do know this church is true, so I plan on talking about it for the next 7 days. I´ll let you know how it goes.  But until next time, you stay class, Utah.
 
Love,
Elder Jekkson(they can´t for the life of them say the p sound in my name...)

No comments:

Post a Comment