Sunday, November 6, 2011

You gotta love with your heart wide open


G´day mates. 

Boom. Transfers. Over.  Glorious.  We waited until Friday to plan them.  Which probably wasn´t smart.  But everything really ended up working out.  Then on Monday we actually did them.  It´s always fun to get to see all the other missionaries and drive them around and find out what´s been happening in the north and all that fun stuff.  That´s one advantage of being an office missionary.  Then today, the Watkins took us out to a restaurant called "Yesterday´s".  It´s an American diner from the 50´s type restaurant.  It was glorious!  Sooo good.  I still haven´t taken any more pictures. Sorry. So you´ll all have to wait to see my pretty little face again.

This past week has been more of a logistics of the mission week.  It always happens between week 6 and 1 of the two different transfers.  But we´ve still been able to keep up with the work for the most part.  A lot is happening these days in Alcobendas.  We´ve been very blessed.  Claribel is still going for her baptismal date of December 3. El Salvador.  Pretty cool.  I had never met a Salvadorean until I got here and now I´ve met like 4.  Which still isn´t a lot. But whatevs.  The coolest thing from this past week has been María.  I don´t know if I´ve talked about her, so I´ll explain the story again in case I haven´t.  Like 2 or maybe even 3 weeks ago we were walking into the church to go to English classes(which Hermana Ovard teaches, yeah!) and there was this lady looking at the sign on the church with like a puzzled look so I randomly was just like "Quiere pasar?" and she was like sure.  So she went in.  We quickly gave her a tour starting in the sacrament room then the classrooms and we ended in the room with the English class.  We explained to her that we were teaching English and she was like well I would like to stay and learn. So her and her daughter of like 3 years stayed.  But we were stupid and didn´t get her number after. Argh.  BUT two weeks later, she went again! Wahoo.  So we invited her to the Noche de Hogar that we do in the Church every Friday and she went! So we invited her to the Ward Activity that was Saturday, and she went! and then we invited her to church on Sunday and.....she went! Wowser.  She stayed for the first 2 hours even.  It was super great.  We have a lesson with her in 22 minutes.  So hopefully that goes well. 

In Church on Sunday there were like 8 or 9 non-members.  They´re not all technically our investigators, but still, it was sweet.  I called Sonia on Saturday night just like a what-the-heck-why-not situation and she ended up coming too with her daughter and daughter´s boyfriend.  Yesterday was a holiday in Spain(Just like every other day in Spain, I swear) and so she had time and we got to go teach her again.  I don´t know what will happen in the future.  We can only meet with here like at 9:30 or 10.  So we´re gonna talk to president and see if we can get permission.  Suppose we´ll see.  I don´t really know what else to talk about.  Claribel is going well, María seems cool. Oh, the Colombian family.  They´re fine. The dad seems to be trying to get us to come by less and less.  We did go visit them on Sunday though and read a chapter of the book of Mormon with them.  The Peruvians....Let´s just say if they were cave diving they left the line. 

Well, it´s been a good week.  Busy. This won´t make much sense to anybody, but I want to remember it in the future. So today I had my Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D adventure.  Ohhhh those Germans.  Sneaky buggers. Greg, I got your package. Thank you very much. Mis oídos están felices.  As is my soul. 

Today for my personal study I read 2 Nefi 9.  It was just as legit as the last time I read it.  But I realized while reading it just how much purpose everything God does.  He has everything in check.  No big deal.  No worries.  It´s nice to know that we´re not alone.  Even when we feel like it, we always have so many chances to pray, and read, and we´ll invite the spirit to come kick it with us.  Take that Satan.  Pwn3d. 

Alright, we´re gonna go see what we can do to help this ecuatoriana make covenants with her Heavenly Father.  Love you all!

Love,
Elder Jepperface

No comments:

Post a Comment