Thursday, February 16, 2012

Filthy Mudbloods....

Hahahaha ohhhh It's been quite a week familia.  Any email with a subject like that means we had a good time.

We had a zone conference last Thursday.  It was pretty sweet.  We always get to hear lots of good theories and ideas on missionary work there.  We also get to see everyone.  Good stuff.  I do wish it was a little more interactive though.  Lots of sitting. No practicing. The only photo I have to send home today is our zone.  Madrid East.  Good stuff.  Good zone.  The tall Elder Thurston on the back row is also from Cache Valley.  So he's a good guy.  
Madrid East Zone

Friday I had a last lesson with Efraín before I got transferred over to Alcobendas.  It went well. He's totally ready to get dressed in white, so that makes me really happy. He even made a Book of Mormon joke.  He called María a Lamanite because she hadn't read in the book of Mormon or something hahaha so now we're just in persevere mode.  Hasta el fin.  Saturday we had a bunch of lessons and everything fell into place. That was way sweet.  It's always nice to get lessons lined up and have them fall together.  Teaching is more fun.  I like to get to know the people.  I had the chance to invite Jason to baptism more straight up and bold than I have done in a long time with somebody and it felt good.  It's what we're here to do and I love it. He said no. Haha. But I know I did my job.  Seed will sprout soon.  But that was the highlight of the lessons on Saturday.

Sunday was fun because Elder Thurston(the one from Cache Valley) came out to do exchanges with Elder Wride.  He stayed with us and we talked about all the mutual friends we have from back in the valley.  He's a great guy.  Only has 8 weeks left on the mission.  My goal is to be his last companion serving with him in the area that has the temple.  I have a lot of far out there goals/dreams though.  Like being Canario again.  We'll see.  I worked with Elder Gonzalez on Sunday and started out my time in Alcobendas.

Monday was the end of a decade, but the start of an age.  Last day in the office.  It was good. I trained the AP's how to do their own jobs again on getting the key indicators that I somehow ended up doing my time in the office and then we had a big lunch/fiest together and I went out and worked.  Now I'm companions with Elder Wride and Elder Gonzalez and we're almost back to scratch in Alcobendas.  They just opened up another area here 3 weeks ago so my goal is just to help them get to know all the legit members and find as many people as we can.  Should be good times.  We found a menos activo family that we have failed to find for like 2 attempts before.  They're as Spanish/madrileño as you can get.  They even use the "th" at the end of Hollywood.  But the good news is the mom knows Penelope Cruz (who is from Alcobendas).  Well, more like knew her in school.  But I guess they know Monica (she has a sister apparently).  So our new game plan is to get to Penélope through Monica ;) hahaha Just kidding. But seriously...

I also got the DVD from Tim/Melissa.  Such a miracle. I'm so grateful for the medical milagros that there are these days! President Watkins even had me watch it with him in his office hahaha. That was...fun.  Glad there was no Lady Gaga music on it.  so that was a good time.  Thanks for sharing that with me.  I love you all and am grateful for all you have done to help me where I am today. I miss you all, but it's cool, cause I'm only a pregnancy away.  And we can all put up with that.  If only pregnancies were longer...

Love,
Elder Tanton Sil Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment