Thursday, February 2, 2012

You don't know how lovely you are

G´day mates.  

What's up? Lovin' life back there in the states?  Yeah?  Good stuff, eh? Likewise here in Spain.  Just doin' the limbo.  How low(long) can you go? *do a little limbo jig* Doo Da Doo

It's been a rather uneventful week.  We've been doing the office thing a lot lately since I'm training elder Bauer to be the big bad boss of the mission now.  Not really.  Just to be the secretary.  Elder Bauer seems excited to be doing it though.  So that'll be good.  It'll be nice to be done.  Like, I have enjoyed being here and I've learned a lot of stuff and whatnot, but it'll be a nice change too.  I will miss it too though. It's like other changes in life I guess.  They're necessary.  Elder Bauer is from Illinois.  His mom is from Mexico and his dad is from the states, but he was raised like the rest of us gringos, just with more Spanish exposure basically.  Great guy.  Him and Elder Forrest will be just dandy little companions in the office world of Madrid.  

Gisel shipped off to Canada.  That was kind of sad.  She'll get baptized someday, it just wasn't my suerte to be here for it.  Her husband is Español and pretty opposed to her even like going to church and stuff so that never helped stuff, but I think she'll catch on in the future.  I hope so.  She'll be back in 3 months.  We had a last lesson with her on Saturday mostly just to say goodbye and leave a good testimony with her.  Ohhhh Columbians....

We also got to clean the old piso and get it all shut down and handed back over to the dueño.  We did a pretty ghetto job of cleaning it, not gonna lie.  But they didn't charge us for it being dirty so whatevs.  Guess I'll need some more lessons from somebody that likes to clean a lot.  Who could that be?

I just sent the first half of this email on accident.  So I hope you enjoyed your teaser.  Let's finish this bad boy now I guess.  On another note we learned a lot about the importance of ward support this past week.  Nani has been doing well lately, but really having a hard time with residency stuff.  She is here...not completely legally...and would like to get the right paperwork done and stuff.  She came to our Ward Correlation meeting with the Ward Mission leader and all on Sunday and had brought like a letter talking about how much the church and missionaries had changed her life and how great that all was but how she needed support from the ward and stuff still and how hard it can be feeling like a new member and stuff.  It was really...interesting.  It was cool, but sad at the same time.  We gave her a blessing afterwards of comfort.  The priesthood is nuts.  I like it.

On Monday we had a lesson with the Matos family.  The dad is bastante menos activo and the mom is like a returned missionary that is great.  They had invited a friend over to hear the message (from Columbia, ahh yeah!) and that was pretty fantastic.  We watched Finding Faith in Christ.  She was like getting teary eyed.  It's crazy to see the effect it can have on people if they learn about the life of our Savior.  What a life He lead.  Might as well share with others what He did for them too, eh?

That's basically where I'm at these days.  Like I said at the start, not a super eventful week, but the mission is what I let the Lord make of it.  If I can put my trust in Him and not mess it all up I bet He's got some pretty cool plans for me. Yeah!  So basically that's what's up. I love this work.  I took my title from "The Scientist" by Coldplay today.  Do my subjects ever confuse people? You're welcome to ask for histories.  The Scientist is a song that Elder White made me like a lot.  I heard it in a store today during p-day and the lyrics just seemed great to me.  So give it a whirl.  I wonder what would happen if people could see inside my head...

On that great note, I love you all. 

-Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment