Friday, July 27, 2012

And a little less like a board...

 

Well hello there family!  I have probably done more things in the last week to write about than any other week in the mission and I have less time than usual. 
Good combo...and go!


So last Wednesday night after P-day ended we had to catch a train to go up to Vigo.  There was a zone conference in A Coruña on Friday and since President Jackson wanted us to go with him, we figured we might as well go a day early to get some exchanges in with the zone leaders since we don't usually get to since they're so far away.  It was fun to be in Vigo again. Crazy to be back to that area after I had been away for so long. Seems like just yesterday and it also seems like 3 years ago.  Either way, fun to be back on the same streets. I even finally took a picture with the fishermen statue that I always walked past and always wanted a picture with but just procrastinated too much.  I got to go on exchanges with Elder Reeder while I was there. He is from Brigham City and basically lived the same life I lived, just on the other side of the mountain. I mean, the kid was even a projectionist before the mission! It was good to get to talk to him and all.  He has been going through some rough times with the companions and whatnot he has had at the start of his mission so I just talked to him about how hard Vigo was for me too and I feel like we had a real good time together.  Elder Ashworth went with the zone leader Elder Tyndale-Biscoe and then that night we caught a train to A Coruña for Zone Conference.

Zone Conference was great. It was the first one with the Jacksons so they had a lot of good plans and a good message to basically get the mission transitioned over to the Jackson style of life I guess you could call it.  Talked about the Army of Helaman and how we know how great they were, but it never talks about any of them individually.  What really matters is they had unity and they got their job done.  It is the same in our mission.  It was good. We talked about members and the importance of working with them.  I would love to talk more but I'm in a 9 minute rush so... I got to go with the zone leader in A Coruña after the conference.  Elder Rodríguez Silva.  It was fun to get to know him and talk about his zone a little bit and get a cool picture with the sea hahaha.  Not a lot more to share about that. We caught another sleeper train (super small, tight beds) and were back to Madrid.


Elder Jeppson, Zoila, Elder Ashworth


So we woke up in Madrid on Saturday.  Crazy fast trip but crazy busy and went really fast.  The baptism of Zoila was the big news from Saturday.  It went really well. Katty also had her interview for her baptism next week.  It was cool to hear her tell us how strong her testimony is. I am honestly grateful for the 2 week delay because of all the things that happened and how much it strengthened her testimony of this decision. I know she made this decision because she truly believes it and not just because she wanted others to see her get baptized.  I also got to confirm her on Sunday, so that was really cool.  Always a good experience to get to use the priesthood.

I'm gonna jump to Tuesday night. We caught a flight to the CANARY ISLANDS. So I'm back here in paradise baby! I don't know how I have gotten so lucky on my mission.  But I'm here again. I'mon Grand CAnaria and we had a real good p-day today. So I'm not complaining. I am out of time though so just know that we got to see some cool look out points and I miss the ocean breeze like nothing else in this world. Except a couple of people maybe. And even then it's a close tie probably.  So have a great week. Keep it real. The gospel is true. I love you all!

-Elder Jeppson





















No comments:

Post a Comment