Monday, July 9, 2012

Just give her the dollar! Give it to her!


Well hello there familia.  What a week it has been. I say that in the most true sense I can say it, and not just in the literal "well no kidding" way.  I don't even know where to start.
 
I did exchanges on Thursday in Alcorcón with Elder Lisonbee.  Elder Hoskins wanted to eat with a member that lives in our area hahaha I don't know if I approve of the reasoning completely, but just decided to take advantage of it and do a real exchange with Elder Lisonbee.  It was fun. He's pretty new.  Speaks Spanish pretty well.  Doesn't mix up cagar with hacer caca.  So that's good hahaha.
 
Onto the good stuff. Friday morning the Watkins went to the airport to pick up the Jacksons and bring them back to the office. So we went out to the office to meet them with the secretaries and the Ovards.  We had a little meeting.  It was actually really spiritual. We all thanked the Watkins and introduced ourselves quickly to the Jacksons.  They then talked for a minute about who they were and their plans and what they want.  It was pretty short and then we just went back out and worked the weekend like normal. It was sad to see the Watkins leave, but it is going to be great to get to meet the Jackson's too.  Pretty much exactly what I was expecting I guess.
 
Zoila passed her interview on Saturday, so she will be getting baptized this weekend.  She is way excited and ready.  So that's good.  She's gonna be a good member after. I guess I should say that after anybody that's getting baptized though, eh? 
 
We also found a pretty cool 15 year old Colombian this past weekend. His name is Brian.  He totally wants to learn more and when we taught the restoration he was like "well I didn't know all of this before!"  Haha you didn't know about Joseph smith 15 year-old Brian?  Come on man! Hhahaha We passed by his house on Sunday morning to take him to church though and he didn't come down and we couldn't get him to answer the phone.  So that was a downer there I guess. We'll try and see what we can do this week...
 
Sunday Spain won the Europe cup.  We saw the last 2 goals as we entered the piso. It was way cool to see them all cheer and to get to join in. The Eurocup is second only to the World Cup.  They also only have it every 4 years. I picked a good two year to go on a mission. Start with a world cup win and end with a Eurocup win.
 
Monday.  We had our first meeting with President Jackson.  Wow.  We also have transfers after this week.  President Jackson has to approve transfers. He doesn't know almost anybody in the mission still.  Needless to say we had quite the task before us.  We had done a draft setting with President Watkins, but we found out over the weekend that a couple more people had gotten there visas and would be entering the mission.  So we had to make a lot of changes to come up with more trainers and also President Jackson wanted to change some things. We went over every single missionary and what we know about them and their personalities and everything, and then we all tried to tackle transfers.  there is a lot more to transfers than you would ever guess. I had realized this when I made a mock transfer schedule for Elder Bauer when I was training him in the office, but doing it for real was even more crazy. We didn't even finish.
 
Tuesday.  We took the Jackson's to a district meeting in the morning.  It was their first time going into Madrid.  A gypsy cleaned our window (they always try, we usually let them know w don't want it on time, but this one was sneaky!).  The Jackson's then realized they wanted money but none of us had change, so they in a frenzied hurry gave them an american doller bill they had found in their wallet. It was way funny.  She just stared at it like it was this extremely foreign object.  I suppose it really was to her though... Crap. 
 
After district meeting we went back out to the office and finished all the logistics and tried to help President Jackson get as up to date as possible on the mission.  It's already been fun to meet with him and his wife and get to know them.  They're almost like two other missionaries with us.  They're gonna be great for the mission.  We've got plans to get them out to the whole mission withing the next couple of weeks.  Should be lots of fun interviews for him and zone conferences for us. 
 
Today is the 4th of July.  Happy Birthday America! I mean Krista! Los dos!  We had a big activity of all of us here in Madrid.  A barbecue and lots of soccer.  I don't have any pictures unfortunately because I left my dang camera in the office. So a lot of words and no pictures.  Welp, I guess we can't always be perfect!  Hope it's been a great day for all of you.  I'm out of things to say so I'll go do more things so I can have more words on Wednesday.  have a great week.  Or not, the choice is yours!
 
Elder Tanton Jeppson 

No comments:

Post a Comment