Friday, August 17, 2012

Clip my wings, but I'll still fly!


August 15th.  That means August 10th AND August 12th already happened. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADS!!!  Hahahaha...
No parties thrown over here though. Sorry! I did remember them though, so you were remembered at least. It's been a pretty average last week.  Some crazy days full of adventures running from place to place and two baptismal interviews for investigators.  And other days of just normal phone calls and business side of the mission. 
I'll start with the big news: I'm being transferred.  I will be serving in La Laguna on Tenerife in the Canary Islands.  It is an area that has been closed my entire mission, but while President Jackson was visiting there he felt the need for it to be opened.  I will be training an elder.  Elder Merriman.  He is from Orem, Utah.  It should be pretty dope.  I don't know a lot more than that.  So I'll be training, opening an area and also a zone leader.  Not a lot of ways to keep me busier than that still.  I'm real excited.  I think it'll be good to feel the ocean breeze on my face again :) Transfers will be next week.  I'm sure that will be quite a fiasco. I'll explain it next Monday though.
This past week Claudia and Monica both passed their interviews.  I wouldn't say they were flawless, but the lack of communication was overcome and everything turned out well in the end hahaha. I'll leave it at that and let you picture lots of worried people and no need to worry.  I'm still convinced lack of communication is the cause of 90 percent of problems.  But Claudia is the 15 year old from Romania and Monica is from Ecuador and around 45 or 50 ish.  Claudia is scheduled for Saturday and Monica will be on Sunday.  It will be a good way to go out of Barrio 2.  It's been a crazy ride both times I have served in this ward.
Something really cool that I came across in this past week was the conference issue from November of 2009.  I flipped through some of the talks and there were certain ones that jumped out and me and all had to do with questions that I had had in my prayers earlier and even led to more questions and desires to learn.  I love seeing how much of a pattern there is and how the Lord can guide us where he wants us when he wants us there.  Even some of the pictures in the issue jumped out at me.  Crazy! 
So other than that we have just been getting transfers ready, picking up colombianos from train stations, teaching lessons and living the missionary life.  I'm very grateful for all the things I'm learning over here.  I'm VERY grateful for the letters and packages I'm still receiving every now and then too. Thanks friends.  Thanks family. If you are still faithful, here's a temporary address until we get a piso in La Laguna:

Elder Jekkson
C/ Prosperidad 32, 2-A
Santa Cruz de Tenerife 38006
España
Tots units fem força

-elder Jeppson


No comments:

Post a Comment