Friday, August 24, 2012

Love is spelt T-I-M-E

I believe "spelled" and "spelt" are both equally acceptalbe in today's modern language of English, whereas acceptalbe is a typo.  Forgive me if I'm young.  

I'm still in Madrid.  But I'm with a straight up gangsta!  It's been a rather eventful week. I'll try and sum it all up in a bit of time that I have here in a beautiful locutorio.  On Wednesday night I went out with élder Ashworth to visit the Ovards.  Hermana Ovard has been a little overworked lately and I thought they might appreciate a normal visit from the younger missionaries.  It was a really spiritual experience and it made me realize that I could have done that a lot more frequently while I was serving in Alcobendas.  Funny how sometimes the people we can help are so close to us and therefore overlooked.  I felt really good about that visit though.

Got fallar-ed on Thursday by Monica, which kind of worried us since she had her fecha baptismal for Sunday.  But we found two really good people during that time. One was from Honduras.  I'm fairly sure she'll get baptized ;) Just like all these great people we find in our spare moments on the mission hahaha.  But seriously, she was sitting on a bench waiting for a job interview so we taught her a little bit and prayed that the interview would go well and she got the job.  So now she'll probably be too busy to meet with the missionaries.  I'm hoping Elder Ashworth keeps me up to date.

The baptism went well on Saturday. Claudia, the 15 year old Romanian got baptized.  She had a LOT of non-member family members that were there to support her.  That was cool to see. It looks like her mom will also be able to make a trip to the baptismal font within a couple of months.  It's cool to see how they can all support each other and help each other progress and improve.  That's the purpose of families I guess.  We support each other and love each other no matter what happens.  Some of us even get lucky enough to have two dope families.  Awww yeah!

Monica also got baptized on Sunday.  It was a real cool experience.  We were a little worried because she had not been able to meet with us a couple of times at the last second this past week, but we met with her on Saturday and everything was still fine she had just had a couple of out of the ordinary situations involving a Romanians. Ay ay ay los rumanos.... President Kent F. Richards of the Seventy was there.  I baptized her.  As she was under I saw her hair floating on top of the stupid water. Nothing I could do. So I had to do it again. After the service Elder Richards told me "Bien hecho élder! But you can only count it once!" hahaha punk.  I really like him.  It was cool to have him be there at a baptismal service.

The last couple of days have just been a little busy with all the transfers and whatnot.  We picked up élder Wilson on Monday and I was with the AP's all day.  We even got to eat with the missionaries that were going home.  Élder Tyndale will be missed.  Crazy that he is going home now.  Life is just on fast-forward mode it feels like.  On Tuesday I got my new companion: Elder Merriman. He's way awesome. He plays hockey. Was raised in Colorado. He's even an Avs fan.  Like, what the heck? Where was this companion my whole mission? Nobody else has even known what a puck is.  He can talk to me about Ray Bourque winning the cup his last season before retiring, ya know? Buah. You probably don't know. And that's the beauty! So he doesn't have his residency card yet, but he can get it real soon. So he has to stick around here in Madrid until then.  Meanwhile, I'm going to fly out tomorrow and work with elder....Woodbury! for a bit.  We always find our way back to each other, don't we?  So that's where the adventures will start off next week. To be continued....

I have a lot of cool pictures from this past week, but the computer I'm on is super lame.  So I guess you'll have to wait until.. A long time to see them.  I'll see what I can do next week. Welp.  Keep it real back home.  I hope you all know I love you. I hope you are all going to church and reading your scriptures. I know it's so cliché for an élder to say that.  But like, I guess we really learn out here how important it is. I love this work. I love being a part of it. I love that it never makes sense, and yet it all makes so much beautiful sense.  Ya know what I mean? If not, discover it.  It'll leave you feeling full.

I love you all. Sois los mejores.  

-Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment