Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A lagoon, sunsets, and a cool ocean breeze...

Kickin' it old school in the Canary Islands.  Awww yeah!

We stayed on our own island this week.  It was cool.  Tenerife.  Lanzarote still holds that special place in my heart, but I'm definitely thinking Tenerife is a lot more beautiful.  We've pretty much got to get around the whole island in the past week.  On Friday I got to do an interview for baptism in Los Cristianos. I was actually in San Isidro.  But we got to drive down the whole coast (did I tell you we have a car in this area too? If not, we have a car in this area too) and see that side.  We also are in charge of Puerto de la Cruz on the west side of the island.  We have been over there about 3 times and it is another beautiful drive with a cliff down to the ocean on one side and a beautiful view of Teide on the other side. Teide is the highest point in all of Spain.  So we see sea level and the highest point in all of Spain at the same time.  It's pretty cool.

I can tell you a little more about La Laguna as well now that this week I actually have a little bit of time.  La Laguna is a city up a ways from the ocean.  I heard it was the first city established on the island, that might be a myth though.  It's above the island's capital, Santa Cruz.  We actually go down there every now and then for district meetings and whatnot.  It's a branch here that has about 50-60 people that attend.  We have our own chapel. The only one in all the islands.  Yup.  Elder Merriman and I get along amazingly well. It's like we're almost the same person sometimes.  I even got him to drop the theta and become a Barça fan.  hahaha I don't know if you would call that training or corruption, but we're doing well.

Since we're opening the area, it's been a LOT of talking to people in the street.  It's weird going from Barrio 2 where we didn't really have that much time to street contact to now having all day long to do it.  It's nice, and sometimes long, but things are starting to pick up now.  We have one investigator that Elder Woodbury had been teaching, and a Columbian that we found on the street.  There our only like legit 2 investigators for now.  We've got some potentials set up for this afternoon and basically we're just doing what we can do find people to teach.  I believe that we're going to start some activities like English Classes and whatnot to see if we can get the members involved too.  I don't think I'm qualified to teach them these days though, half the words that I use these days are spanglish. Buah. Don't make fun of me when you see me next.

I don't know what else to say. Are my emails seeming shorter and shorter these days? Welp, sorry.  I hope they're still interesting.  If you've made it to the point of reading this I guess I haven't lost you completely. So that's cool. Thanks.

Welp, it's quite a blessing to be over here serving the Lord. I don't know how I have gotten so lucky to be here serving him in this place at this time, but the only option I really see is to keep working hard and show that I'm amazingly grateful for all the experiences I have had up ´til now in my mission.  I know this church is true.  The more I learn about it and the more questions and doubts people ask us the more and more I realize that it just all makes sense.  We are children of God.  He loves us.  He has a plan for us.  Obey and serve and receive the blessings.  Learn the lessons that need to be learned.  Life is good.  I love you all.

-Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment