Friday, September 28, 2012

It's like watching a cloud go through myself...


Elders Merrriman and Jeppson
 Well hello hello! Well aren't you all looking quite fine today.


Al grano.  The work is picking up a bit. Not like, a TON, but slowly but surely.  We're definitely setting a good base for La Laguna to be a really good area.  It makes me wish I was going to have more time here.  But alas, even paradise has a time and a season to it I suppose.  The coolest thing from this past week is that Edid told us she wants to get baptized.  Awww yeah! We don't have a date with her.  She works "interna" so she is at work literally all work long, sleeping there and everything but gets out on Saturdays at like 4 and enters Sunday afternoons.  So she comes to our English classes and church on Sunday.  We teach her right before English classes.  But so that's cool.  We'll see if we can't get a goal for her on the baptismal date.  

Another sweet guy we're teaching is Argenis.  He's way cool! He's technically Venezolano, but he came to the islands when he had like one year and considers himself canario. So chacho, he's canario.  But he has heard the missionaries a bunch of times before and never really clicked I guess.  We've started teaching him and this time he's married and his wife is preggers so I guess he's looking more at eternal things and plus he's like me if I was canario.  But a lot more tranquilo.  So we basically get along really well.  I feel like he's one of those people that I was sent to La Laguna to teach.  Maybe that's just me being crazy, but whatever.  I was born this way.  I can't change, right? Wrong. You can change.  But don't let me get distracted on that topic. 

Other than that we have had some lessons with some cool jovenes since there are about 6 million of them walking around EVERYWHERE.  It's way cool. It's just like serving on campus, since it is.  Sometimes it's way cool, sometimes it's like "Alright, how is this not supposed to be killing me?" But it's all good.  But it's fun to talk to them if they don't make fun of us and think they're hilarious.  The down to earth ones are way sweet. I wish I could have just worked with YSA aged people my whole mission.  that'd be a sick senior couple mission to serve.  But I might be getting ahead of myself on that one.

Hmmmm, for p-day today we continued our giant island tour.  We had already nailed the coast and mountains, so today we went for the forest.  Rough life, I know.  We went up on the very north-east part to a national park thing called Anaga.  It was beautiful.  It was a lot like going up Logan canyon, but less mountain and more green/alive-ness.  Yup.  So now we have the island down I think.  We're gonna move onto all the fun activities there are to do on the island now.  We even made a schedule.  I call it "going down in style".  It includes La Gomera.  ´Nuff said.

That's about all I have for today.  thanks for all the love and support.  I know this is the church of Jesus Christ.  I love being a missionary.  It's crazy that this is the only time I'll get to do it this way.  There's nothing else to do than to darle duro! 

Like a boss,
Elder Jeppson

On the picture where Elder Merriman and I are the EXACT same in the air, that was our very first jump picture EVER together. And completely unchoreagraphed.  I guess we're just the exact same person in the end....

The other one is us above La Laguna.  What a beautiful area....

No comments:

Post a Comment