Monday, June 27, 2011

Boogy time is just the sound of artificial tears. Thank you Norway


Buenos días!  Rise and shine.  I know it´s summer but wake up ya´ll!  Haha ohh sleeping in. What would it be like to do that?
It has been a good week. Everybody can breathe again.  Thursday we ate chicken at Kikiriki.  It´s a asadero de pollo that a member in the branch owns so every Thursday we get to eat there.  I don´t know if I´ve ever mentioned that.  But it´s legit.  Chickeeennnnn.  Columbian style.  Then we taught some jokesters how to speak English.  They have funny accents.  I´m sure I shouldn´t be talking.  I´m the gringo boss.  Not as gringo as Hermano Koller though.  Hahaha I hope he reads this.  I miss him.  After that we taught Christina and Jon again, about Faith, but it was kind of a fast lesson becasue we had Fany right after.  Less active member.  From....Uruguay!  It´s a fun game to play over here.  Where are they from?  We taught her 2 Nephi 10:23 and told her to Anímese! You need to go to church.  I believe that translates as Become animated! literally.  hahaha. and it´s true.  We need to be animated about the work, church, and our callings.  It´s easy to say as the missionary of course, but life really goes better when God is first in our life and not just a "if I have time" part of our life.  
 
Friday we went to Fuerteventura.  So I have now been to 4 of the 5 islands which missionaries used to be on when it was it´s own mission, 3 of which have missionaries now.  We caught a boat and then a bus and ate with the first members of that Island.  28 years ago they got baptized.  Nuts.  Elder White also interviewed some investigator that this family has been teaching that wants to get baptised.  She actually got baptized on Sunday.  So now she really is almost a member.  She will be confirmed this coming Sunday.  But it´s a pretty desert-ish island as well.  yup.  Hmmm Saturday we taught Paco.  From the Paco and Paqui relationship.  Also Margarita, which is always an adventure.  Sanchez Sanchez SANCHEZ.  blegh.  I´ll explain all this if anybody asks.  We ran into Christina and Jon carrying groceries into the house Saturday night and so we helped them and they made us grilled cheeses for a dinner snack hahaha.   Moving right along Sunday was a pretty...bleh day other than church.  BUT Christina came to church! Jon slept in, punk.  I think she really liked the members but was definitely missing on the whole Catholic stuff.  Like there aren´t any Virgin Marys in our chapel.  What is that all about, right?  haha but overall I think she liked it.  She just has 40 years of catholic in her that of course makes our services a little..foreign to her.  Monday we taugh Saúl.  He´s from Uruguay as well.  I swear there really aren´t that many Uraguayans here, we just talk with them all haha.  We also had a lesson with Liz and Alberto and some of their friends that they wanted to invite to listen to the gospel a bit. Legit members. 

Then yesterday rolled around and we taught Mr. Fa again.  He couldn´t come to church on Sunday cause 
he´s too busy trying to take over the world with all these crazy business ventures.  AKA conferences.   But this lesson went pretty well I suppose.  He opened up and told us a lot about his past business adventures that have taught him a lot and yada yada he trusts us more now.  So that´s legit.  His spanish kills me.  Chinese man speaking spanish to an american punk that has 7 months of learning Spanish.  Phew.  It´s like a crappy accent-fest.

And then today snuck up on me and we went to Costa Teguise to take some pictures (included) of paradise and go shopping.  I finally bought a backpack.  I´m picky. But I FINALLY found a legit two strapper.  Dakine.  All black with Canary Island color zippers.  Which is also Sky View colors.  I was sold.  Mom, if you could let me know what my home account is looking like these days, sería genial.  Gracias.  That´s that.  Another week. Boom. Roasted.  

Other than all of that good stuff I don´t have a lot to say.  Any packages should either be sent today or wait two weeks, because transfers are coming up in 10 days.  Which means that if you wait until next week it´d come in the next transfer and with my luck I´ll be up in Leon on the peninsula again or something.  Goodness gracious.  We´re hoping nothing really changes, but with President Watkins I´ve learned to expect anything.  Like an emergency transfer to the islands.  Wahhoooooo I love my island!  Yup.  Hmmmm. I love you all.  I hope that you all had a great week.  I also hope that Boston loses royally tonight because Tim Thomas didn´t deserve to go to the olympics and he doesn´t deserve a Stanley Cup!  Flop Flop waddily Drop.  Hmmm.  I love you all (again).  I appreciate all the support and prayers and stuff.  Nobody has wanted to one up the rest and actually visit me though (mom, that´s a joke, don´t buy the tickets).  And so it is.  The End. Directed by Elder Tanton Jeppson.

Love,
Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment