Wednesday, June 1, 2011

If I was a rabbit hunter, I´d be a conejero.

Wasssuppp?
Last Wednesday, after the día of gloria ended (p-day), President Earl had a charla with the rama here in Arrecife.  I hear it was legit.  But after that he took us out to dinner. That I know was legit.  He is the president of the CCM, or MTC, in Madrid.  He´s awesome.  I only got to be there with him for a short 4 days, but it was nice to see him.  Thursday we got to teach a lesson with Christina and Jon again from Colombia.  They´re pretty cool.  But they didn´t come to dang church!  Something came up at the last minute of course.  So we´re gonna try and get them there this week.  We have an appointment with them in like an hour and a half.  Also, Elder Velasquez has returned from his mission in Malaga and is now brother Velasquez in our branch.  He´s legit and it´s way nice to have another man to accompany us to visits.  It´s hard to find guys to visit girls with us and we´ve actually had to cancel before.  How lame is that?  But it´s getting better.  Friday night we had a little Elder Velasquez is home shindig.  It was like a Family Home Evening for the branch.  It was pretty sweet.  Also, about a week ago a muslim chick in our English class was asking us who Mormon is and what is this blasted book we try and give people and all those good questions so we explained it to her and Elder White remembered that in our Chapel we randomly have a copy of the Book of Mormon in Arabic (which she speaks as well being from Maruecos, that might be Morocco in English, not sure) and in English class last week she told us that she loves it and can´t put it down.  So we´re hoping that she gets some interest in listening to the missionaries for more than just to expand her English abilities.  It´s a little trickier with Muslims though, trying to teach them without them getting killed/beaten up by their families and friends, etc.  Yup.  Saturday was interesting.  It was pretty dead because the Champion´s league (soccer for Europe.  Everybody lives, breathes, bleeds, eats, sleeps, this stuff) was on and Barcelona was playing England.  It was a pretty dead day.  I´m sure Superbowl Sunday in the States would be a fairly good comparison.  Not many people walk around in the streets when Barcelona is beating England in soccer.  BUT we worked it out and ya está.  


Sunday we had church at 10:00 like we always seem to.  We also attend the branch council meeting and talk with the leaders about what they need and what we need etc.  It went well.  Then after church we had a dinner appointment with some fantastic members named Javi and Gabi.  The zone leaders came to Lanzarote as well to do the district leader exchange thing.  It was fantastic.  I was with Elder Kunkel this time instead of Elder Sanchez.  I like being with Elder Kunkel a lot more than being with Elder Sanchez.  Yup.  That leads me to Monday, with Elder Kunkel.  It was great.  We knocked doors and talked to people and stuff like missionaries do.  The cool thing from Monday is we knocked this China mans house.  He has lived here for like 23 years so he speaks Spanish perfectly.  He has the double culture from China and Spain.  Aka he is Buddhist with Christian background hahaha.  But he let us in and we did a quick lesson 0 overview of what the missionaries do lesson and he is like super wise.  Bustin' out these freakin Chinese proverbs throughout the lesson, except instead of being Chinese proverbs they were just things he was saying that I was like, wow, you go man, you go.  His name is Fa.  Elder White and I taught him in a coffee shop the next morning hahaha.  He has 3 daughters and a wife, but the wife is super Buddhist and doesn´t want anything to do with us.  So be it.  Also yesterday we had a great feast of food with a less active sister that we visit every Tuesday.  Sometimes she comes to church.  It´s been getting better.  She´s super worried about her 14  year old son.  So she´s trying to get them both involved in the church again.  We get fed a lot here in Arrecife lately.  Like 5 times since I last spoke with you grand people.  It´s been a good food week thankfully. 



Today for P-day we had a grand adventure.  We used an early leave day (we get 2 each transfer) to head down to Puerto del Carmen to do some manly shopping.  That mall was a huge letdown.  Small Islands off the coast of Africa have great weather and beaches, but the malls are hurting.  So after that we knew there was a go-karting joint somewhere between Puerto del Carmen adn Tías.  So we started hoofing it out there.  Lo and Behold we walked for like 2 blasted hours randomly searching for a go karting place that apparently is a lot closer to Arrecife hahaha.  We eventually weaved our away around the hills and rock fields of Lanzarote and had the best 8 minutes of go-karting ever!  They´re like the super legit go-karts that Travis Pastrana jumps into his foam pit.  It was way fun. I got faster and faster every lap even.  Learned how to drift go karts and all. It was like I was a grand prix racer that really was in a go kart. hahahah. Ok.  I was pretty bad, and the picture they took of me I have a FAT face.  But I bought it anyway.  We´ll see if it ever gets seen by anybody back home though....  And then we eventually walked to the closest bus stop we could think of, which is at the Airport in Playa Honda.  We basicallly walked 4 or 5 miles in the dang desert looking for go-karts.  Go ahead and google map the triangle between Arrecife, Puerto Del Carmen, and Tías.  You´ll see there´s a whole lot of rocks and NOTHING else.  But it was a fun hike so I´m happy.  



So it sounds like everybody had a great Memorial day weekend. I can´t believe it´s already been a year since Memorial day! I feel like just yesterday I was teaching patience and gas in a mud pit in Brigham City.  I wish I had had a dirtbike today.  Thank you for sending me the trunky pictures dad ;) Just kidding.  Pictures don´t make me trunky.  You can´t trunk-afy this cool cat! All the nieces and nephews seem to be graduating from pre-school and all sorts of good stuff.  Please somebody tell them not to grow up too fast.  Krista, I´m stoked you´re having a boy.  As a mom with two boys already, pink looks appetizing, but I promise you blue is a better oportunity to name the child Tanton.  So this is better. I love you all.  I´m doing grand over here.  Just chuggin along and trying to learn Spanish while talking to strangers in the streets of the Canaria Islands.  I shall talk to you all in a week I think.. Peanut Butter is something that can be sent at any time and place as well as CDs of appropriate music.  That is only because I hear a new package is in the assembly process? Glorious. I´m too spoiled by everybody.  Thank you for all your prayers, love, letters (scoundrel friends are already dying off haha such is the mish...) and support.  Ya´llz is the bests as my Georgian friend Elder Kunkel would say. 



Love,
Elder Jeppson

P.S. Anybody that can find miniature versions of "Predicad mi Evangelio" and get that in a package would steal my heart for the eternities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment