Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I´ll sing a melody

Hola familia. Comment êtes-vous? It was a melodious week.  Does that make sense to you?  Hmmm. I swear this time I mean it.
Bueno, sigamos.  Ha sido una buena semana.  No muy fuera del normal, pero una buena semana.  We found some new investigators.  Katia called us(while I was emailing last week actually) and said that her friend had given her our number and that she needed our help.  She lives in Matagorda (which means kill fat, hahaha) and so we visited her.  It´ll be interesting to see how she progresses.  She is in a...situation.  :) hahaha but she has some legit desires de recurrir a Dios para recibir ayuda (recourse to God for help).  So we´ll do what we can do.  Have I talked about Gladys and her kids yet? I can never remember what I write.  In fact I´ll probably be sitting at this computer writing again before I even realize a whole week has gone by.  It´s nuuutzzzz. I think I even finished 8 months already.  Holy Hades.  I said Holy Hades cause I read it in a letter this week and I liked it.  It doesn´t translate well though.  Man, I don´t have like anything to say this week.  I´m sorry ya´ll.  I don´t even have a story to tell. I´ll tell you one from clear back in B2 with Elder Ketchum.  One time a member asked us if we wanted an apple.  So we said well sure (we were just walking on the street) actually, this story isnt that great.  I´m not even going to finish it.  Let´s just say we´re not sure if he stole the whole bag of apples or if he paid for them at a different moment.  Back to Gladys and her kids.  So they´re from the Dominican Republic.  By the way Santo Domingo is the capital of the Dominican Republic.  She´s not from Santo Domingo though.  She´s from the North.  Where they´re white apparently.  Hey, I remember bringing her up last week now.  So basically they ended up coming to church, but after Sacrament Meeting.  She works from 10-11 on Sundays which is pretty much a charly horse in the thigh since that´s when Sacrament Meeting is.  Pero bueno, we´re gonna see if we can work something out about that.  We´ll see.  She was the only investigator that really came.  Darwin was there, but he´s pretty much an unbaptized member.  He´s probably one of the most legit people I have met on the mission.  He´s from Guayaquil.  For those of you keeping track back home that is where Elder Quevedo is from.  He was a companion I had.  Therés a lot of Guayaqilianos here.  I made that word up, so if it´s not correct, forgive me.  Katia didn´t make it.  We´re not sure why not.  But she works from like 10pm-7am so we´re thinking maybe 2 hours wasn't enough sleep or something.  We´ll see. I think we´ll make it back down to Kill Fat on Saturday do teach her.  She went to Fuerteventura for a bit (which could be a different reason why she wasn´t in church).  I got a package this week, but it wasn´t one that had Peanut Butter.  It was one full of glorious CD´s.  And a teaser that Mayday Parade has a new acoustic CD.  Jussayin´.  Thanks Kylie!  And mom, I´ll keep on the lookout for yours too.  Thank you from protecing the King of the Lions from the Butter of the Peanuts.  That would  be a disaster.  In other news, I also bought a suit last P-day.  It´s legit.  It´s gray...  and it´s European.  I haven´t worn it yet.  Tags are still on it.  It´s my baby.  I love you all.  I hope you all have a miserably amazing time at the Grand Canyon. I´m only bitter cause I ALWAYS asked to go and then it got planned in my mission. Bah humbug.  I hope you all have a write Elder Jeppson night.  Also, Paige had a birthday last week.  Tell her I didn´t forget.  Hmmmm. if anybody else had one in the last week I did forget though.  Sorry.  Tell me and I´ll send you a sorry something.  Has this been a random email? I´m sorry. I sometimes wonder what goes on inside my head.  I am the captain, but I don´t even know at times.  

This next week, I would love to receive emails from everybody that receives this with a good scripture that I can memorize the reference too.  Also why you like it so much.  Especially from the Book of Mormon.  I should probably study the Bible more, but I´m still on a 20 month Book of Mormon kick.  Ooops.  But seriously, a letter or an email with a legit scripture on it that I can memorize the reference to help out with these lazy canarians. (I guess it´s hard to convert people when they´re already in Paradise).

Love,
The Boss, Elder Jefeson

P.S. no pictures. I still love you all,   I just didn´t even take a single one this past week.  Madre Mía!

No comments:

Post a Comment