Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm a pirate!

Elder Jeppson and his Pirate ship!

Hola Familia.
 
The weeks are just passing like weeks these days!  Buah.  The good news from this week? I got an Argentine pirate ship.  Yeah.  That´s what´s up.
 
The work continues here in this part of the world.  I really love my area, which is good.  I don't know how many have been paying lots of attention to the journey's of Elder Jeppson, but when I came back to Madrid for 3 days back in April I worked here in Alcobendas with the Office Elders and I remember saying to myself "Self, I am SO glad that the office elders work there and that will never be my area..." Never judge a book by its first 3 days I guess :)  It's wicked legit though.  Good times.  Lots of potential. 
 



 
Elders Forrest, Jeppson, Woodbury
We found out on Thursday that Elder Woodbury would be going to Valladolid on Sunday night, so we were like getting all these good-bye visits set up for him and stuff and he was getting himself all ready to go up there into the freezy ice-box of Spain.  But then, on Friday, we found out that a missionary here in Madrid was outtie to his casa so Elder Woodbury actually went there to replace him on Saturday.  I kind of felt bad for him because that meant that like he couldn´t go to church his last time and say goodbye and had like no time to say goodbye to people.  But luckily, we got to pick up his new companion and all four of us worked in Alcobendas on Saturday until 7.  So now he is in Barrio 9 in the south part of Madrid.  Crazy, crazy. 
 
After dropping them off we went over to the Portas family´s house, who had invited us to go over for New Year´s eve.  We taught a lesson and then had dinner together after.  We had to be in our apartment at 10, so we didn´t get to do the fun Spain tradition of eating 12 grapes with the 12 ringing of the bells with them.  We did decide to stay up until the new year though.  We ran up to our roof of our building with like 1 minute before midnight and....it was locked! Ugh.  So we just ran down to the street and couldn´t see anything in the air.  But luckily there were tons of kids throwing fireworks all over and stuff.  There were even idiots throwing like the big exploding ones from their balconies down into the streets, so they would explode down in the little skinny streets between the buildings.  Haha good times.
 
We taught Gisel on Sunday.  She is the Colombian from Canada married to a Spaniard.  She is way good.  She always has really good questions about like the plan of salvation and stuff.  Which, by the way, is what we taught her.  It went well.  We took Luis Morales out to Tres Cantos to teach her with us.  He is like my favorite member here in the ward.  He's great.  So that just ended up being a fun/really good night with the gang.  We also had all 3 hours of church on Sunday, but since It was New Year's Day, not a ton of people went unfortunately.  

Another fun story from this past week is that we taught a lady that lives in the same building as us.  Haha It was interesting.  She even lives in the same piso as we do, just 2 stories higher.  I tell you what, we got pwn3d.  Her´s is bigger than ours cause we´re on the ground floor.  But her name is Mercy and she seemed interested in learning more.  She works a lot, which is like the general problem with investigators.  They either have jobs and work tons, or they don't have jobs, meet with us, and get immediately blessed with a job right after and can't go to church.  That is the finding a job secret in Spain.  

Shirley is going great.  I think we have to change her baptism date to the 21st instead of the 14th cause there's a super Saturday thing in the stake center.  It's ok though.  It's way different teaching somebody so young.  It's kind of fun.  We taught her today actually.  Even though it's p-day.  She understand everything really well and that's all we can ask for.  I hope it helps spark her parents, but her dad doesn't even care to go to the baptism, so that makes me sad.  It'd be really hard not having your parents support always in stuff like that.

That's about it.  We haven't done tons yesterday and today because I got feeling pretty sick on Monday.  Today was a big sleep day and last night every lesson in the world fell through on us, even ward council, so I have slept a lot in the last 2 days. Mostly today.  But I'm already starting to feel better, so that's good.  The medicine Brad recommended to me seems to be helping, so that's good.  And that, my friends, is another week in the life of Elder Jeppson.

Thanks for everything.  You're all glorious, just like every other week.  I love you all.  Thanks for the letters, e-mails, and prayers.  I will just keep on keepin' on over here and trying my best to be a good little instrument.  Hope you all enjoy the pictures.  The district ones are our gift exchange for "Los Reyes" which is on Friday. It's basically Christmas #2 here in Spain.  It's when the 3 reyes magos finally made it to Christ to give him their gifts.  

Love,
Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment