Wednesday, January 25, 2012

You go 3 and I'll go 7. Dude, she shreds!

Shirley's Baptism

Hello,


I am tired.  It has been a crazy week this past week.  But it's been good. I have officially decided I will go to Australia/New Zealand within the next 3 years.  Let me know if you want in. 

There have been quite a bit of changes in the past week.  What with moving pisos last week and planning the transfers all out and the baptism on Saturday and then actually doing the transfers it has been a bastante busy week.  But that's how it should be. I just wish we could have had more time to do the missionary side of things.  Oh well.  3 more weeks...

Elder Jeppson, Shirley, Elder Forrest
The baptism went well! We went early to make sure that we filled up the font and didn't leave room for other people to forget.  So that was nice.  Then the service went well and a lot of her non-member family was there, including her mom and dad.  Genial!  It's always great to see how the actions and decisions of one person in the family can help so many others have spiritually edifying experiences. The example of one can save a hundred.

Nice cardboard shower curtain!
The new piso is legit.  The first day we didn't have any shower curtains so I rigged up a nice cardboard shower curtain.  Smelt great afterwards.  We also went to IKEA after and bought furniture for the piso.  It was like (500) Days of Summer. It was only missing one thing.  It is just a shame that I only will live there for 3 weeks.  Actually, I'm trying to work up a new plan to keep me there a little longer.  There are 2 more elders here now that are working in the Alcobendas half and I absolutely love both of them.  Elder Wride is like a snowboarder/skater guy and Elder González is a guatemalteco that also speaks perfect English. I'mma see if I can get myself transferred over to them for 3 weeks and then have a real transfer at the end of the transfer.  I guess we'll see if the Lord has other fijo plans for me that I can't mess up. 

Gisel didn't come to church, but Jason did.  I think I told you about him? The Colombiano that asked in the middle of English class to learn more about the church too?  Well, he had a good time in church I think.  Unfortunately he told us he doesn't have time to meet this week but said he'd come to church again next Sunday.  That'd be legit.  Efraín is getting closer.  His papers are moving along and right now we're just waiting for a letter.  I think it'd be sick if he could get baptized before I leave but I guess we'll have to see if that happens...Pray hard, work hard.

Today for P-day we went to like a big park gathering of missionaries here in Madrid.  Elder White is down here now and so it was sweet to see him again.  We would have gone crazy on that isolated island if we hadn't gotten along so well.  It's always nice to get together and see other missionaries.  We also went and ate in Taco Bell afterwards.  I think Taco Bell is great.  If I had more time, I'd spend a paragraph talking about it. But I don't.  

I'm stoked to be out here on the mission. I love being able to share the gospel.  It's wicked brilliant.  It makes me realize how much the gospel really has helped to shape my life and shape who I have become and I'm sure how much it will affect who I become and the family I have. So basically it's good stuff.  I love you all. Sois guapísimos.  

Pickled Tater-Tots or something...

-Elder Jekkson

No comments:

Post a Comment