Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sleeping softly while I sing

Hello familia.  Qué tal?

Welp, I never know how to start these emails out without just being super repetitive so I will just tell you something repetitive.  It's been another week and time has gone fast.  Crazy, eh?  Crazy enough that tomorrow, the 19th, was my first day in the mission field last year.  That crazy day when Elder Driggs thought it was a brilliant idea to carry our groceries across all of Madrid instead of use the blasted metro.  Hahaha ohhhh goodness. And my very first lesson with Fernando.  I still remember it like it was yesterday...

Flash forward a year, and I'm getting transferred.  We found out transfers yesterday, and my eyes immediately jumped right to us office elders and yup, sure enough, another blasted trio.  So I will be training Elder Bauer on how to be a wicked guapo secretary for 3 weeks, maybe 6, and then I'll be off to some other new adventure that the mission has in store for me.  I have mixed feelings. Time has gone by sooo fast here and I love the ward so much that I kind of wanted some more time, but then again I'm already at 4 transfers which is quite a bit.  I mean sometimes people get up to like 6, but 3 is pretty average.  I guess we'll see what I can pull off in some new area.

But until then, I'm still here.  We're moving into another piso tomorrow.  it's something I've wanted to do since I got here.  The piso we're in right now is a wretched little thing.  Elder Woodbury was never willing to look for a new one, so Elder Forrest and I jumped all over that, especially since President asked us if there should be 4 elders here and we told him yes.  So starting on Monday, there will be 4 missionaries here.  It's gonna be good stuff.  I'm excited about that.  Even if it'll only be for 3 weeks, maybe 6.  There's a ton of changes in the mission this transfer though, so it'll be quite the adventure on Monday picking everybody up and dropping them all off and such.  Lot's to do...

Shirley is getting baptized this Saturday.  We got her parents permission and she had her interview and everything and it's all good to go.

Gisel didn't come to church.  And after our last lesson with her on Wednesday, I wasn't surprised.  But we met with her again on...Monday.  We took José Montoya, who just got back from the miss1/20ion in Chile, and had a great lesson with her.  She is apparently going to Canada on the 29th of January until April 29th.  So it doesn't look like she'll be getting baptized anytime too soon, but hopefully she'll come to church this week.  

I feel like a broken record player.  Efraín finally got his residency papers stuff in order, so he'll be legal again soon, which means he can get divorced finally.  Then he'll get married and baptized.  So that's another fantastic bit of fantastic-ness that is in the oven. 

For p-day today we have been in the office a wicked ton.  We found out this morning that the power had been cut in one of the areas, so my companion had to come in and do a bunch of stuff with that, so I have just been doing da do here in the office.  Got some planning for transfers done, which was nice.  I dunno. The good thing is I somehow fixed the printer to print Hermana Ovard's envelopes correctly, which has been stressing her out for weeks now.  She was so happy that she said "Name your price!" and I immediately said "A chapa that says Elder Jekkson!" and she's doing it.  Boom baby!

I'm basically out of things already.  I guess that is just how it goes sometimes.  Glad all is well back home.  Glad there's not a lot of snow.  Makes it a good year to be in Spain.  I´m still grateful for you all.  It's nice to have such a good-looking family that also ... well. Is great.

Con amor,
Elder Jekkson

No comments:

Post a Comment