Wednesday, June 20, 2012

IWAWO



Wassup Nuckuhs?

Big welcome to Elder Gray.  Took me a couple of weeks but he survived and now he's on the list. Crazy.  

This past week has probably been the fastest one of the mission. And I'm sure it's all downhill from here.  We have found out that the Jackson's will get here on the 30th of this month.  I'm not sure if we'll meet them that day, or if we will have to wait until our weekly meeting on the 2nd, but either way that's like in 10 days.  And then a week after that my companion goes home and I feel like everybody is leaving me to go back to the states.  It'll be weird for a bit.  I'm pretty dang excited about it all though now.  I'm convinced it's gonna be good.  

I had a lot of time to write, but I wasted it all on LDS.org.  Sorry.  I also haven't written a letter in like.... 6 or 7 weeks probably. And my companion goes home in like 3 weeks, so he isn't super hot on hanging out in the piso to write people. I have a stack to write back to, but I just don't know when that'll happen.  I'll stop wasting time with excuses and write something worth reading.

Zoila is still going well. We had a lesson with her this weekend and she said she's been having some doubts and isn't sure if she still wants to get baptized and whatnot.  We had a doubt clearing up session and then took her to the temple on Sunday.  She loved it.  So she is basically back on board.  We did move her date back a week though to make sure we prepare her completely and she gets all the lessons in the proper way and whatnot.  But all is well after a little bit of a scare.  Fantastic.

We also are really close to setting a date with Claudia and also Karina.  Claudia is from Romania and Karina is from Ecuador.  We have talked to them both about it and basically they're just deciding on a date.  Hopefully within the next week that can be solidified.  Claudia is actually going back to Romania until mid July, so that will be a little bump in the road I suppose.  But it should be fine. Karina is just super shy and her big reason not to get baptized is having to bear her testimony in front of people... So we'll see I suppose.

We're actually teaching a lot of people right now, so I am not gonna go into a ton of details and whatnot, But the work continues to move forth.  The Lord is blessing us with people and we're doing what we can to get them closer to the waters of baptism.  It's a fun little job I must admit.  Ya never know what to expect, that's for sure.  

Today we played volleyball.  I thought I'd throw that out there for any volleyball players this makes it too.  I'm rusty. But I still love it.  I also thought you would all like to know that thet Red Bull X-Fighters freestyle event is coming to Madrid this year.  And to what part of Madrid? The Plaza de Toros, which we happen to pass every. single. day.  Talk about temptation at it's finest, eh? I might be a little trunky on July 20th.  But that's what's up these days.  Life is good. Come what may and love it. I love you all.

-Elder Tanton Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment