Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Otra semana en Vigoro!

Hello All! Its me again. The apostrophe thing doesn't work on this keyboard, so there might be a lot of errors :) Wahoo. Lets get this started, eh?

Last Wednesday was the baptism interview for Ana Belen. She passed. Wahoo!
Thursday, the highlight of my day was that I cooked for everybody haha. What we do in our piso is 4 out of the 7 days of the week one of us cooks for the rest. Thursday is my day to cook for everyone. Any recipe ideas for this would be great, as we all basically just make rice and chicken...
Friday, This is where the week starts to get interesting. I got that mini-package from you mom, with the tape from like a month ago hahaha. It was super great to hear everybody's voices and hear that all is well back home. The other good news from Friday is that Elder Quevedo was back ready to work all day and so was I, so we busted out of the apartment in the morning all stoked. The bad news is that by Mediodia I felt terrible and I was getting sick. Now this is not terribly out of the norm for me, because I always seem to be sick, but the problem is that I was getting the flu, and so I had the chills and aches and a little bit of a fever and stuff, and all of this is bad because I was supposed to baptize Ana Belen on Saturday! So I resorted to the ibuprofen a bunch and tried to rest a bit. Went and taught the last lesson with Ana, which was watching the video on the apostles, and just felt terrible so we went in like 30 minutes early on Friday and I went right to bed.
Saturday I woke up and was still sick, so I called Hermana Watkins to see if there was anything else I could do to get better. She just told me the same stuff I had been doing and to stay in and rest, but that I could still baptize Ana Belen haha. She said that missionaries have a special gift when baptizing or something hahaha. So Elder Quevedo and Elder Soliz went to the little capilla (chapel) we have and had to build the baptismal font during the day and Elder Hoskins and I stayed in the piso, because he hasn't been feeling too great either. About mediodia, Elder Soliz gave me a blessing and said that I would be able to get well enough to still be able to, which was really cool. I took some medicine and left. Everything went great with the baptism. She was super nervous about it haha. She thought was was gonna drown. I was a little bit nervous too when I first saw the font we have to build! It's not very big, but the thing that worried me is the water was not super deep. But it ended up going fine. And that was the highlight of Saturday. Also though, there was the Carnival on Saturday. It's super weird. It's like Halloween all over again. Everybody was in costumes in the streets and stuff. Super weird. Super funny though.
Sunday, woke up and there were still drunk people in the streets. A drunk man dressed up as a princess danced for me on the way to church. That was fun. Church went well. We had lunch with Ana Belen and a couple other members after church during Mediodia, then we taught Sylvia. She is from Argentina. Argentina has a terrible Spanish accent! But, we have a lesson with her in about an hour from right now, so she is our newest investigator. We will see how it goes with her.
Monday was another interesting day. Elder Soliz was supposed to go up to Santiago to watch a mission leadership meeting, since he is our district leader. Well Elder Hoskins was gonna go with him, but he woke up and felt horrible, haha. So he asked me if I would go with him, so I did. So Monday I got to go to Santiago! The best part about this is that Elder Woodbury was there! Woohoo! His companion is also district leader. So while they and all the other leaders were in watching their meeting, we got to work (contact) in Santiago. It was great. Unfortunately, I also got the chills and sick again that day, so I ended up having to sit with the other Elders in the meeting with 3 coats on. Haha wow, this week was a great one, eh?
Yesterday, I tried to take it easy yet work all day. It went well. I felt alright, not perfect, but better, and then today I have just been resting all day during P-Day so that I can better finally! Wow, sorry this week had so much sickness! Anybody that wants a super funny yet slightly gross story very similar to the Dumb and Dumber scene in Aspen (in the bathroom) can request it and I will retell it in your emails next week. It was...funny/scary. And that's my week. Yay!

Sounds like everything has been going great back home with everybody. I'm always glad to hear that. I feel like Melissa's birthday is this month, but I am not sure what day it is, so happy birthday this month Melissa! Also, Trey has a birthday tomorrow, right? Wahoo! Happy birthday Trey! AND I would never forget that your birthday is this week too, Caden, so happy Birthday on the 13th! No more teenage crap, eh? Perfect. Something I forgot to tell everybody last week is that I let Elder Soliz cut my hair with a buzz cutter thinger. It's super awesome. I looked like a marine haircut after hahaha. Good thing nobody back home gets to see me ha! He had to like re-do a bunch of it and I had to go through with scissors after snipping all the spots he missed hahaha but I have looked super great ever since we fixed it up. Tim, on the tape you asked me about the member missionaries. I have been wanting to work with them a lot. I think they'd be great if we would invite them to stuff and ask references from them, then invite them to help us teach them and stuff, but my companion is pretty anti-all my ideas, so we haven't really been able to do that. Luckily, our mission president has been hitting on this really hard lately and really wants us to involve the members, so I'm hoping that we get to see some more success with that. Missionary work with the help of the members is so crucial I think. It really helps set new converts up for success rather than failure. I would love if somebody could get me a recap on the Sky View Hockey season. I'm sad to hear they didn't win it all, but hey, it's alright. I would still love a recap. I was also glad to hear that the lacrosse team did decent in Vegas. Austin Gray is already tearing it up it sounds like. I'm not surprised. I am sorry to hear that Abby's cheer competition got cancelled, and slightly jealous to hear of all the snow you're getting. Not really, I'm actually super glad I don't have to shovel it all! wow. Thank you mom for sending me my chase account and keeping it safe hahah :)

I'm going to start a new paragraph to talk about how happy I am to hear about Austin Robbin's Mission Call! Mexico Monterrey East! Wahoooo. He's gonna speak so much like a Mexican! perfect. But seriously, isn't that where Connor Perkes is? How great is that. Thank you Brad for your advice and keeping me updated on USU hockey. They're doing great, eh? Somebody please update me on the NHL? Thanks! Melissa, I have not been able to watch the video yet. I do have the DVD, but we never really have a DVD player. I'm hoping we are at the church on a P-Day upcoming. For the package upcoming, the only things I can think of are Peanut Butter! (Doug was right, it's golden out here) and stuff to snack on. And more easy mac! Other than that it has been perfect. Thank you! The conference is on the 25th. But Elder Hoskins is going to Madrid tomorrow to residency stuff, so I should get letters this week that are at the office. Wahoo! I love you all! You're all too great to me. I'm super blessed, eh? Thanks for all your help, love, support, prayers, letters and everything. The church is true. Read the scriptures everyday, pray, and go to Church!

Love,
Elder Jeppson.

No comments:

Post a Comment