Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Quick! He could take the elevator!



¡Hola!

First of all Happy Birthday Mom!  Sorry I missed your cake party.  Maybe next year?  But I wouldn´t count on it...

Zone Conference
Another quick week has gone by, just like they always seem to when I get to email, haha.  Let´s see what happened in the life of your favorite american spaniard this week.  Last Wednesday we taught Jesús about apostles and prophets and all went well.  Then we taught a menos activo family the same thing.  I want to pump people up for conference this week! Woot.  Thursday we have weekly planning which takes a long time, but we still taught some lessons and Jesús had his last lesson with us.  He wanted to understand Jacob 5 more so I busted out the Brother Larsen stuff I learned in institute.  Unfortunately I can´t say anything like that in Spanish, so it was rather different than I imagined haha but I kept it simple and he got it better I think.  Friday, we had a zone conference.  That was great.  Got to see all the missionaries from up here and President came up and all that good stuff.  The sad part was that it was pretty much the same zone conference we had in Madrid  last transfer and I didn´t get the giant package of food haha.  There has to be a way they will let you send me food! Oh well.  Life goes on.  I´m still happy.  I´ve been in a crazy mood all yesterday and today.  It´s great fun.  

Elder Jeppson & Jesus
Anyways, Friday continued with a baptism of Jesús.  He was going to be baptised by a member, but nobody told the member, so he showed up like 5 minutes before and didn´t have white clothing.  Long story short, I ended up baptising him.  In some awesome clothes that the relief society had there in the building.  A size 16 white shirt hahaha.  Good thing I haven´t gotten fat on the mission!  It was a really cool baptism, especially since I have been here for all the teaching of Jesús, except the first little get to know him session.  So that all went well.  Pictures included. I know you people go nuts when there is a picture attached to my email, so go nuts!  Saturday was a great day too.  Wanna know why?  Because we had a reference from the other elders here in Vigo.  Jud.  So we show up to teach him and he answers the door.  Big tall black dude.  Cool.  So he takes us in to a little room with a tv.  4 other big black guys and 2 black girls all waiting for the lesson.  Wow.  Next awesome thing we find out, they all only speak English.  Remember my companion, Elder Quevedo, that only speaks Spanish?  Welp, that left me to teach basically. So we sat around a table with a six pack of beers and 12 bottles of beer and bottle of champagne and I taught them in English.  They were all on the edge of their seats trying to learn more.  They love Jesus Christ.  hahahah. It was super intimidating, but super fun.  I don´t know if they´ll progress, but they are some fantastic people and I loved speaking English for once.  haha  Sunday we had church.  Yay. I love church.  Everybody that reads this should go to church.  It´s a happy place.  Later that day, we taught Maynor.  He´s from the magical land of Honduras, super close to San Pedro Sula.  He seems promising to me.  We´ll see. I would love to see him progress and get baptised though.  As a missionary, I say that about everybody though.  Monday we had exchanges with the other Vigo elders again.  This time I was with Elder Hoskins.  Elder Hoskins, at the start of the transfer, was one of those sketch missionaries, but during this transfer I have seen a big change in attitude and desire to do the work from him.  It has made me really happy to see.  We have saved each other from going crazy with native companions.  Natives are crazy when they´re together.  They just have the lamest jokes! and to them they´re just the funnnnneiesssstttt things ever! hahaha It´s been fun in our piso this transfer for the most part.  Everything went well that day, we survived and everything.  It was nice to work with him for that day.  We also taught Jud again.  There were only 5 of them there that time though.  But it was nice that Elder Hoskins could teach in English too.  yay.  Yesterday was P-Day eve and today was P-Day! It´s raining, so there isn´t much to do.  So it´s been a pretty chill day.  hip hip hooray! ºair punchº  We ate at a Chinese restaurant.  That was pretty cool and expensive.  Especially the expensive part hahah.  

Baptismal Font
Welp, That´s all I really have about my week.  Was it great? Did you all love reading it? Well, if not, I´ll try again next week.  This weekend are transfers.  So I could leave Vigo.  I could stay.  I´m pretty sure I´ll stay.  So sure that I bought a ton of food grocery shopping today.  So that would be at tragedy if I left.  I would eat wayyy too much Saturday and Sunday.  Oh, another interesting thing.  Benjamin Franklin´s idea caught up with us.  Like always, Europe is just behind the United States.  Our clocks changed this past weekend.  Boom. I wake up at 7:30 now.  How glorious?  I also go to bed at 11:30.  I´m sleeping more than I ever have in my life!  I love this mission.  Also, I found out at zone conference that Elder Gardner went home.  I wasn´t super surprised.  I did feel like a ton of bricks hit me in the chest though.  He was having hard times in his family and wasn´t feeling very successful in the mission.  I think he went home for reasons like depression or ¨temporary medical reasons¨ which means he could come back out at some point. I hope he does.  I think he´d stay in the states though.  If somebody could get me that glorious Star Valley address I would love to write him a letter.  He´s a fantastic guy.  Humble as ever.   A big field loving teddy bear.  Mom, I swiped a bunch of money from an ATM from my account back home so that I have the proper amount of emergency money, so don´t worry, it wasn´t a thief, and I´m not short on money, it´s all just stashed away.  I´m sorry this letter is a little bit shorter, but I thought there were some fun stories.  yay! I´m just chuggin along and trying to learn a different language. It´ll be interesting to see what goes down with transfers this weekend.  I´m sure I´ll be the first one to tell you what happens, so you´ll have to wait until Wednesday.  That glorious day of the week when the sun comes out and everybody receives a little notice on their cell phones because everybody is so freaking fancy in the world today :) P.S. thanks for all the crock pot recipes.  Krista, I need a different way to make hawaiian haystack sauce, there´s no chicken soup in a can stuff here! ahhhhh...

General Conference.  Watch it.  The prophet of God will help us use our agency to be happy! So will the Apostles and other leaders of the church.  I´ll explain this real quick since I have a couple of minutes.  I get to watch Saturday morning session at 6:00 Saturday afternoon, Priesthood-Sunday at 11:00, Saturday afternoon-Sunday at 2:00, and Sunday morning-Sunday at 6:00.  You´ll notice there´s no Sunday afternoon there.  I´m pretty upset about that too. But I´m crossing my fingers somebody prints that bad boy out and sends it to me in an envelope.  If not, I´ll just wait for the Liahona of Glory.  I´m sooo excited! We even have it in English here in Vigo! So Elder Hoskins and I are gonna trap ourselves in a little room all alone while everybody else in the world (Vigo) wishes they spoke the language of the restoration.  In reality they´ll watch it on a big screen in what they call the ¨language of the angels¨.  psh.  Whatever.  I love you all! Keep it real, eh?  READ THE BOOK OF MORMON.  It really is true.

Love,
Elder Jeppson


Elders Jeppson & Quevedo



No comments:

Post a Comment