Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bird Poop

Elder Jeppson & Elder Quevedo
Hello all! I can´t believe that I have already been in the grand city of Vigo for 10 days! The time sure does fly out here. This past week has not been too exciting, but I did come up with a system to remember things to tell everybody, so let´s get started on a recap, eh?

Wednesday, short couple of hours after P-Day ends, don´t really remember anything haha. (fail. The system started on Thursday, ok?)
Thursday, I challenged Jesús to a baptism date and he said yes. The 26th of March. So it shall be. He almost started crying. He is a reference from a member that had a blessing and felt the spirit and wanted to learn more. References from members are always so much stronger than street contacts. Refer your friends (and less active members, haha) to Missionaries!
Friday was a day ya´ll are gonna love hearing about. I had to take a cold shower first of all. We ran out of gas for our water heater. Wow, that was fun. I then heated water up on the stove so that I could shave haha. Elder Quevedo had to heat up a pan of water to shower. How fun, right? Also, Right as we were coming in for Mediodia, a blasted bird pooped on me! All over both sleeves of my awesome coat, a little on the front and a little on the back. I have NO idea how it got on all 4 sides of me without getting on my head. So my coat has been in the dry cleaners all week. I actually will go pick that up in about a half hour. Awesome, right? ugh. Also, I noticed on Friday that there are a lot of pregnant mannequins in Spain. This makes no sense to me, since you rarely see pregnant people. Maybe a better idea for Utah? haha who knows!
Saturday my back started hurting a lot. I think it´s from lugging around a bag all day. It did this a little bit in Madrid too, but for a couple of days there it was pretty bad. I left my bag in for a day and have been trying to like, do stretch things that make it feel better, but I was wondering if the doctor/hurting-back-master Brad had any awesome stretches or ideas to make it feel better. It feels fine now, but I would like to avoid this problem in the future. Also on this day, I contacted a lady. Then we went into the same building as her and went to the house of a DIFFERENT reference that lived there and she wasn´t home so I contacted the lady that answered at her piso. Lo and behold it was the same exact lady I had contacted 5 minutes earlier. How embarrassing is that?
Sunday, I got to meet the rama (branch) and a lot of the members and what not. They´re great. I am very excited to get to know them better and work with them during this transfer (which is 6 weeks mom). I am sure I will be here for longer than a transfer though. President likes to keep people places for a long time. We shall see how long I am here in Vigo.
Monday, Elder Quevedo was sick, so we stayed inside the piso for most of the day. Then Elder Hoskins said he didn´t feel too great either, so after mediodia I went out with Elder Soliz and worked in that half of Vigo (which can see the whole big ocean, lucky buggers). That was pretty much all that was of worth remembering from that night haha.
Tuesday, was the same with being in the piso a whole bunch. The difference being that we had a district meeting. Yay. Seriously though, I liked having that.
Wednesday (today), We just stayed in the piso. I got to write some letters. So that was good. Yup.

So that´s my week. It sounds like everybody has been having good times back home. I´m glad to hear that Caden is the new model for USU. I always thought he was the best looking brother I have. That´s a joke. Thank you for the addresses mom. I shall be sure to get them some letters sent eventually. This week I would like the Indianapolis Indiana mission address and California Riverside :) Sorry I forgot those two last week. But thank you! I have been a little bit sick lately, so I used about half of my day/nyquil stock. I hear that medicine is more expensive over here, so that might be an idea for the next package. Mom, we have washers in our pisos, but no dryers. So yes, we do just hang dry everything. As for ironing, it hasn´t been too bad. I actually got away without ironing anything in Barrio 2, but here my white shirts dryed wicked wrinkly, so I have been ironing those. If you could also send me my back-home bank account again, that would be great! I don´t really have a ton to say right now! I´m sorry everybody. Oh! Ana Belen. Her baptism is this Saturday. She has asked me to baptize her (haha) so I guess she is now an Elder Jeppson lover? I don´t know. But that should be interesting. She is a little bit...different. But I personally think she is really getting baptized for her own desires and not to marry Elder Holub hahaha I will make sure to get pictures and send a recap about that in my email next week. Welp, I´m out of things to say. I love you all. Thanks for all your support, love, prayers, letters, etc. Apparently if you send me a letter on Wednesday, I get it on Tuesday. How perfect is that?

I know this church is true! D&C 90:24. As long as we do our part and do these three things, the Lord will see to it that everything in life is to help us!

Love,
Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment