Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Un hijo de Dios

¡Hola!

Hello all! I know that you have all been dying for this glorious moment when you get to hear from me, so here it is:

Not a lot has happened in the last week, but I will try to talk about some good things nevertheless. Thursday, I was walking on the street, and it was kind of boring because we had a long walk and there was nobody to talk to in the street, so I told Elder Quevedo to watch me and I did a 360 off a ledge to try and have fun. All my pass-along cards went flying and my agenda and pen and everything. It was great. I don´t know why I told you all that, but it was great fun anyways. We also taught Jesús again that night, but I´ll talk more about him in a minute. Friday we went to the city hall to register me in Vigo finally, that was super fun waiting in line. Elder Hoskins went to Madrid that day to do residency in Spain stuff, so Elder Soliz was in a trio with Elder Quevedo and I. That was great fun. Saturday, Ana Belen fed Elder Quevedo and I at Mediodia. We also taught Jesús again that night. Sundays in the mission are always special, because we get to go to church! wahooo! Especially when investigators go! We only had 2 investigators this week, but it´s always better than 0. This sunday we had a lot of people fail on us. That was super lame and made the day wicked long. But life goes on and we still managed to teach a couple of lessons. Monday, a man named Atilo let us in his house. We taught him about baptism and the restored authority in the world again. He loves Jesus Christ but hates religion. He was very interesting to teach. It´ll be interesting to see if he lets us teach him again. Tuesday is always great because it´s P-day eve haha we have a joke here in Vigo because Elder Hoskins is always just counting down the days until P-day and all day on Tuesday he just talks about how it´s P-day eve. Good stuff. Also, some man wanted us to teach him in the train station in English. He says that he is from England and has lived here for 25 years. He has no british accent though. It was nice to teach in English and be able to say everything that I actually wanted to say how I wanted to say it, but it was weird because Elder Quevedo couldn´t help me and we were in a freaking train station... We also have been trying to focus on working with the members of the branch more and getting references from them, so we met with the family Avila on Tuesday to help them. They´re great. They both served missions in Venezuela and have a great accent that is super difficult for me to understand. Ohhh Spanish..... Today, for P-day, we went to Santiago and had a zone p-day together. It was fun. Not super exciting, but good to see everybody. It has been raining here a bunch lately though so we couldn´t plan sports or anything. I did get to write 8 letters on the train there and back though. Wahoo! And that´s my week in a nutshell!
I´m gonna tell ya´ll a little bit about Jesús now because he has a baptismal date in a little more than a week and he is progressing well. He is a reference from a member and wanted a blessing a couple of days before I got to Vigo. The elders that were here gave him one and he said he could feel the spirit so he wanted to learn more. That´s when I came into Vigo. So I have basically been here to teach him the whole way through. It´s been really cool to see him accept the gospel and feel the spirit throughout the lessons. He has definitely been an investigator of gold. He hasn´t had any difficulties like smoking or not being married (he´s single actually) and is always at our appointments and everything. He has really helped boost my hope here in Vigo haha. That´s jesús. I hope you all feel like you know him a little better now.

Elder Quevedo, Ana Belen, Elder Jeppson
I´m super glad to see that Trey had a great birthday! I can´t believe that he is 5 already. Wow. He´ll be 6 when I get home too. He´s gonna be huge and in school and everything. Wow. Ficus. Also, mom, I would like my full myldsmail.net email on that driving form thing. Sorry I messed that up. I also bought that paper from the BYU bookstore at the MTC. I hear that everybody had daylight savings time back home. What was it, spring forward? Does that mean everybody lost an hour of sleep and ya´ll are just 7 hours behind me now? We don´t have that here in Spain. Nope. Benjamin Franklin´s idea didn´t make it across the sea successfully apparently.


Next week is the big ol´ Zone Conference, so I believe that this is my last chance to request anything in the package I hear you´ll be sending. Hmmm, definitely want a brochure from USU bookstore so I can see that glorious grin of Caden Shepherd! For the most part else, there isn´t anything I actually need at this point. Food is always glorious. Especially things that I can make easily, like mixes that I can add water to. Easy mac is amazing. Things that are good to snack on are great, and don´t expire super fast. Like granola bars and Golden Graham bars. Things of that nature. I do not have a crockpot, but I do have a sandwhich maker (cooker thing), a ricer maker, and a stove and oven. Oh, and a griddle! and a waffle maker. So maybe syrup and bisquik? :) Jam too if that is safe to send. I don´t know about that though. I feel so greedy saying all these things! I´m sorry. I swear I don´t mean to be all needy over here. I´m doing fine and all without all this stuff haha.


Welp, This is it for my grand letter. I do have a couple more minutes though so I would like to talk about something I have learned in my short time here on the mission, and that is the importance of the example that we share for everybody else, not just as members of the church, but as people. I never realized how many people really notice all the decisions we make day to day. These decisions can have a big impact on those around us, whether for good or for bad. Also, we can always learn from the examples of others, both good and bad. From the good we can learn things we want to apply to our own lives, and from the bad we can learn from others mistakes and hopefully help them as well. I would also like to make mention here that the other elders here in Vigo have a investigator that wants to get baptized because of the example he has seen of the members for over 40 years. He can´t yet, because he´s super addicted to cigarettes, but it just goes to show how big of an impact our little examples can be to all those that see us, whether we realize it or not. Now, why would I say all of this? Well because I think it´s all true. Especially amongst the family. And I want everybody to get practicing on how they´re gonna be an amazing example for my new niece or nephew because KRISTA IS PREGNANT!!! Wahoo!!!! So don´t forget to pray for her and her new baby! I love you all. It was super hard to save that for last (although there was foreshadowing in the subject).

Thank you for all the amazing examples you are to me, and for all that I have learned to become the person that I am. I know I´m not perfect, but I´ve sure learned a lot from my beloved family! Thank you. Thank you for all your love, letters, and support. It really means the world to me to open up the buzón (mailbox) and have a letter fall out for me. :)

Love,
Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment