Thursday, August 11, 2011

I have Lanzarote in my mouth...

Well hello there family of mine.  I hope that all has gone well for vosotros.  Is everybody dying to know que pasó?   Well heres a hint as to my new companion: It´s Elder Woodbury.  He´s from Arizona.  Oh, by the way if you want more information you can just go back to my first email you were ever excited to get and realize oh snap! he´s my companion from the MTC!  That´s some of the best news I have for today.  I´m super stoked to be with him again.  I loved having him in the MTC and I can already tell you I love having him in Madrid too.  Oh wait, what was that? Madrid?  Yup.  I had to say goodbye to Lanzarote already.  Sad.  I am apparently the missionary that gets sent all over the world.  Well, all over the Spain Madrid mission.  But it´s cool. 

Soooooo Thursday and Friday went by rather fast cause, let´s be honest, we knew transfers were coming.  We were both pretty dang sure that Elder White was leaving Lanzarote.  So he was trying to get all of his stuff done haha.  Then we got the call on Friday night and Elder Jackson, the zone leader told me I was going to the freaking office in Alcobendas to be the new secretary.  Bahahhaha.  Soooo I was like oh man Elder White you condemned me!  Here´s the story.  Elder Jackson was the financial guy in the mission (companion of secretary. aka Elder Woodbury right now)  and hated it (or so he always said. I think he really liked it).  Then got shipped down to the islands after he was done there.  Well during his last transfer Elder White started telling President that I would be a good secretary (mostly as a joke).  Then Elder Jackson came down and Elder White told Elder Jackson what he did and Elder Jackson was like "Hey blah blah blah I´m from Georgia and maybe that would be a good idea."  So he told President the same thing.  Well, apparently president hizo caso of what they were saying because I´m here in Alcobendas now.  Yup.  Sooooo Saturday and Sunday were like run around and say goodbye to everybody days.  So I have lots of pictures.  I better upload tose real quick, one second.  There we go.  That´s a lot though. I dunno if they´ll all work.  We´ll have to be patient and see I guess.  






Mom, in the one with the family of Columbians (like that´ll help hahaha) You can see the daughter is wearing a funny band from the church.  So there! You can see I really do do the crap you tell me to do. :) Soooo I´m pretty dang sad to be out of Lanzarote but the truth is that I am glad for the change. I either wanted out of there or I wanted a new companion hahaha  Elder White and I are great friends and all but...I was ready.  Yup.  I think he was too.  So I don´t really know what to say about it.  It was a sad goodbye.  I bore my testimony in church and basically just thanked them all for their faith and told them that I know that Jesus Christ lives (which is true, by the way).  Then I shook hands with people and hugged them if they were hombres and then that was it.  Early Monday I was already back in Madrid, well, at like 3.  Nothing to report from the flight.  So basically as Secretary I get to be in charge of the residency of all the missionaries here in Spain.  Which just means if I do my job everybody is happy and here and if I don´t everybody is upset and getting thrown out of Spain.  It´ll be interesting.  I also just do a bunch of random stuff for president when he tells me he needs it done and help around the office to keep things running.  Then we go work the afternoons in Alcobendas.  It´ll be completely different from what I´ve been doing for the last 9 months (but who´s counting).  So basically you can send all my mail to C/Fuerteventura address.  Packages will be received easily.  I have a car now.  So I´ll be driving here pretty quick.  Oh, I should tell you all that I´m being trained by Elder Vogel.  He´s the current secretary right now.  I don´t know how long we´ll be in a trio.  But it´s fine.  It´s a good trio.  I never wanted to be in a trio, but I like these two, and so it´s all good.  Mom, send my love to Elder Robbins.  He´s hit the real world and I love that he doesn´t understand anything, but he´ll catch on.  I love him.  I love you all.   I´m too lucky to have you all. I´m excited to get to meet President Watkins more these days (let´s hope that´s a good thing, eh?) That´s a joke. I´m sure it will be, he´s a great guy.  So is hermana Watkins.  Does anybody check spainmadridmission.blogspot.com? You can learn a lot about what´s going on in the mission there.  para que sepáis.  Read the Book of Mormon.  It´s true.  I love you all. I´m sure I have forgotten of lots of stuff to say, but it´s time to go! Ahhhhh. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Brad today, and to The great Sil on Friday.  You´re both amazing.  Yup.

Love,
Elder hijo de Jepp.

P.S. the gross pictures of me are the "Gofio challenge".  It´s gofio, and it´s like flour basically. The goal is to eat a lot without water and without puking.  Oh, and I´m feeling lots better these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment