Sunday, August 21, 2011

It´s the BLUE sheet now baby!




Wasssuppppp! (in a dignified missionary way...)

Familia.  Lake Powell.  Legit.  I haven’t been in a year.  Always such good times.  So I’m glad to hear everybody is living up the summer back home.  Things are going swell as a bell here.  I don’t know if that’s a saying or not, but it is now.  Alcobendas is my ward mom, not Barrio 1 or 2.  Although I have served in both of those wards already too....   Things are dandy here in Alcobendas/San Sebastián de los Reyes.  Basically we’re in the office on weekday mornings and we trabajar por la tarde.  It’s great.  We don’t get naptime anymore, but I’m ok with that because I never really did it anyways.  Spoiled Spain missionaries...  There are some legit people here in the area, both members and investigators.  Adel is an investigator that has wanted to get baptized for a while but because of his lack of legal papers and whatnot he hasn’t been able to (it’s a long story).  BUT we talked to President and we got his permission to baptize him.  But when we asked him for a date he told us he wanted to wait a little longer still hahaha. Ugh. But It's looking like September 10th-ish.  Also, we have started teaching a lady named Nani from Paraguay.  She has a lot of potential.  We’ve only taught her twice, but she’s looking forward to meeting with us and coming to English classes and everything.  Very cool.  Also, there is a family here that the other two elders (Elder Woodbury and Elder Vogel) contacted right before I got here that we are going to start teaching tonight.  I met them at English class, but apart from that I’m not really sure about them.  They seem pretty good though.  Basically everything is going well over here.  

The office aspect of things is definitely different.  But it’s good.  Somebody’s gotta do it.  The residency laws here in Spain are pretty chungo, but we still get to live here so I’m grateful.  They just are really strict on lots of lame stuff and when missionaries get letters from the government they just don’t care about them lots of the time so stuff gets sketchy if they don’t let us know.  But it’s all good. I’m dead sure I won’t get myself kicked out of the country (if I can help it) so that’s the good news.  Elder Vogel is still with us (so we’re in a trio) and he teaches me occasionally what I’m supposed to do, but for the most part I think I’ve caught the hang of things.  It’s not too hard, just lots to do and stressful at times when everybody is just adding things to my to-do list.  Luckily I’m so blasted organized, right? psh hahaha. I guess the Lord has something in store for me in the future involves an office.... Let’s hope not though.  haha Whatevs. Come what may and love it.  This email is a lame one.  I’m sorry.  This last week has literally been the fastest one I can’t remember (get it) on my mission.  Training, teaching, contacting, training, teaching, contacting.  But church on Sunday was good.  It’s always nice to meet the ward.  I’ve noticed the wards outside of Utah don’t all run so dang smoothly. Ay ay ay, just stop fighting everybody!  I need to get to writing a list of things to tell ya´ll during the week again, because I always think of stuff and then I forget it when I get to this big white box full of words.  Ask me questions everybody.  I love answering them! Also, let me know what stuff is awesome to hear about and what stuff is lame so I can make these better. Oh, and for P-day today we went to Alcalá and Torrejón.  It was pretty legit.  P-days are gonna get a whole let better now that we have a car!  Speaking of which. I have been driving the past week.  I’m super rusty, and Europe/Spain driving is lots crazier than Utah.  I’ll tell you that much.  Don’t text and drive! hahahah I’m still alive though so far, so as of now all is well.  Welp, I´m outtie!

 I love you all.  This church is true.   All you have to do if you really want to know is put forth a real effort, do our part, and then the Lord will do His.  He never lets us down.  He’s always waiting for us to go running to him, but what are the things that are stumbling us as we run to him?  It’s hard, but always worth it.  I know that Jesus Christ is our older brother and Savior, and that he is waiting for us with loving arms wide open.

Con Amor,
Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment