Saturday, August 27, 2011

¡Tu hijo tu hijo!...¿Cómo? Nooooo!!!

Bueno.  ´Ello mates.  Que tal.  Familia.

Wow.  The weeks fly by these days.  Does that even make sense? That´s what it feels like, right?  I guess it was Lake Powell time again in this world.  It sounds like everybody had fun and our family is the same as we have always been.  We´re such a great little ball of happiness. :)  Haha but seriously, we´re good.  I guess I should get sitting up and typing serious now, cause I´m short on time again.  It´s funny that back in the MTC I had 30 minutes and didn´t do anything all week and still typed the whole blasted time but now I have 30 minutes and I still can´t think of stuff to tell everybody.  I´m sorry. 

This past week was a good one though.  Even up until this morning.  Things are well with Adel.  We set a baptismal date with him for the 9th of September, and he will then be confirmed on September 11th.  (which by the way, can´t believe it´s been ten years already. madre mía).  I´m excited.  It´s nice to see people choose to be baptised.  We also had a great lesson with Miguel and his family.  They´re from Ecuador.  Wait, Peru.  They´re from Peru. I mix them all up sometimes.  Forgive me.  But we taught them about the importance of reading the Book of Mormon/scriptures. They hadn´t read in between our visits so that´s always a little bit sad.  But it´s ok, cause we teach to their needs and invite them to come unto Christ.  So that´s what we did.  They were even going to come to church, but Satan decided to make the piso (apartment) above theirs leak, so there was some leak catastrophe or something Sunday morning and they couldn´t come al final.  We´re hoping this is a legit excuse and not like, a lie.  We´ll see this week I suppose.  Also, We are moving forward with Nani.  The reference from a member here (Oh how important are the members.....soooo important).  She is going through some hard stuff in her life these days (like pretty much everybody in this blasted Spanish economy).  So sometimes it´s ahrd to teach her cause she goes on and on and on (to the tune of that one popular song).  Yes, she goes on and on and on. (haha moving on) Which is good, cause she trusts us, but bad at the same time cause we teach one principle and then she tells us a whole story about some crazy thing that happened years ago in her life.  So we´re gonna invite her to be baptized too.  Because that´s what we do.  We invite. The lame thing about August in Spain is everybody goes on vacation.  For the whole month.  I don´t know how that´s culturally ok, but whatevs I guess.  Makes it hard to find anybody.  Everybody. Is. Gone.

Sunday we got some bad news.  Well, we knew before, but it was more reaffirmed on Sunday.  The McDevitt´s are moving.  They´re an American family here in our ward that is super legit (I´ve only met them like 2 times) that always give the missionaries food and are just all around legit.  But they´re off to Connecticut/New York so they´ll have to spoil the missionaries there.  They´ve donated tons of stuff to all the members of the ward here though and on Sunday we drove boxes of food to people.  The box they gave us did have 2 giant things of JIF peanut butter in it though.  So that was pretty glorioso.  Also, Elder Woodbury almost hit a squirrel on Sunday.  It was funny, cause we both screamed like little girls and I just pointed at it.  But, it decided to live at the last second and did a on-the-dime turnabout and saved its own life.  Something else cool is that a menos activa member came to church and invited us to come over and teach her again.  It has surprised me how much of misisonary work here in Spain is helping out the lost sheep.  There´s so many lost sheep that need our help!

New paragraph.  Today for P-day, to end this glorious week of average things making me happy, I went to the temple!!!  Wow, it´s been like, 6 months!  I can´t believe it´s already been over a year since I went for the first time.  I love to see the temple.  It´s such an amazing place.  It´s crazy to me how much we can feel the spirit there and the Lord can answer our prayers.  I hope that in the future after the mission (after the mission, what´s that?) that I don´t take the 14 temples in Utah (with 2 under construction) for granted.  They´re such a blessed refuge from the world.  I hope that everybody that can will go this week and think to themselves "Man, I´m glad I went to the temple this week."  You can think of me too.  And by the way, I would love to get some real hard photos in the mail.  Melissa is the queen of photos.  Thanks Melissa!  It´s nice to have things to like, be able to see occasionally throughout the week.  I love you all.  You´re good people.  Sois buena gente.

By they way, my subject means "Oh look it´s your son! Your son!" and then me saying "What? Nooooo. That´s not my son! I´m not even married."

I love you all.  Keep it up.  Do something good for somebody this week.  I´m gonna try too.  Don´t worry. It was nice to hear from people today.

Love,
Elder Hijo de Jepp

P.S.  How´d I do Greg?

No comments:

Post a Comment