Wednesday, August 31, 2011

You trade your baseball cap for a crown...


Well hello there family.  You all look really good today.  Every one of you.  So thank you for that.

Haha I´m short on time again.  I really say that so that I don´t feel lazy not writing a lot.  I dunno.  I´m hoping everybody is ok with that.  By the end of the mission my emails will  probably look like this "Hello all.  15 baptisms this week (haha). Still alive here in Spain. Love you. Bye."  Just a heads up for everybody. 

This past week has been interesting.  So my proselyting area now Alcobendas and San Sebastián de los Reyes (and surrounding pueblos we never make it to) and this past week has been giant fiestas in San Sebastián de los Reyes.  Like the Preston rodeo, but a whole week and not ghetto, and they have running of the bulls every morning and a giant fair and a carnival of rides and everything.  It´s definitely interesting.  The streets smell of urine and there´s always like piles of vomit.  It´s glorious. Sorry if you didn´t want to hear that. You´re getting the real experience now I guess.  So that has made the week hard.  Lots of drunk people.  Lots of people in a hurry to get to the parties.  But today is the last day.  So We´re hoping it´s over.  The good thing is that I got to see the running of the bulls today!  It was pretty sweet.  A guy even fell down right in front of us and the bull jumped over him and kind of half landed on his leg.  Good stuff.  Pictures included.  Now I feel like a Spaniard.  There is a member that has a piso on that street they run down.  Really it was just like a ton of drunks running down the street and then a couple of seconds later a bunch of bulls went running by with a few more drunks that actually wanted the risk of running with bulls.  Yup. 

As for investigators, this past week has been...meh.  They´re all busy with work and festivities and stuff, but we were able to go to Miguel´s house Sunday morning and walk with them to church on Sunday.  They only came for the first hour, but it´s ok because that was good. The bad part is that it was the McDevitt´s last week here and they all had talks.  So the talks were a bunch of crying Americans with terribly gringo accents.  So it was cool to see the ward come together to say goodbye to the family holding them all together, but sad to see the Peruanos leave after an hour.  We haven´t had a chance to meet with them since though.  People here in this area really like to have a long time in between visits.  It´s frustrating cause the more time we´re not there the more time that scoundrel face Satan is there.  But it´s ok.  We also haven´t been able to even see Adel in the last week because he had one of his Iran friends come visit him or something and so he hasn´t had time.  He´s still on for the 8th though.  Wow.  That´s soon!  So wish me luck that all can go well with that.  Ummm. I´m out of ideas already.  We´re going to help a family move for P-Day today, so that´s why this email is so early and short (another excuse, teehee). 

People keep asking me what I want and I want people to know that all is well over here.  I´ll try and come up with stuff for the end of this month, but really I just want people to send me emails/letters and be my friends/family.  But I´ll try and be a little more worldly next week.  I love you all.  Elder Woodbury is the financial secretary, so don´t worry.  He doesn´t just sit there bored while I do all my secretary jazz, he does his own secretary money stuff.  I´m glad I don´t deal with the money....

The testimony comes from Stepmom this week.  Mosiah 26:29-31.  Everybody should read it.  Let me know why you think it´s important.  I love it. 

Love,
Elder Jeppson

P.S. Elder Vogel is now in Santiago.  So I´m on my own (yay!).  Friday, the Ovards (the senior missionaries in the office) took us to T.G.I. Fridays to say goodbye to Elder Vogel.  American music was playing.  A Taylor Swift song came on.  It made me really happy.  I thought you would all like to know. 

P.P.S. Punk. You know who you are.

P.P.P.S. If I was 5 hours away from a temple in Mexico I would think to myself "I love my life. Missionaries REALLY do get food a ridiculous amount.  Spanish is a beast to understand, but it comes with time.  Elder Jeppson loves me".  But I´m not, so you can all ignore all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment