Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Heroes are hard to find...

Familia. Hello.

I must admit, I have pictures this week.  People have been missing them apparently, but I just haven't taken any since the last time I sent some. So sorry! 

So it's been another pretty darn good week.  I've smiled at least 10 times.  I'd say more.  But I'm trying to be an optimist these days so.... let's start.  We ate some glorious Dominican food last Thursday with Esmeralda.  She's this great member here. Zoraida's mom, de hecho.  Zoraida is the mom of the family if I have never mentioned that.  So she is helping us by supporting her daughter and their family.  We met with the family on Thursday night too.  We finished up the Plan of Salvation with them and it went glorious!  We took our branch president and he really got to meet them and see their progress and was a máquina en the lesson with us. So it was a win-win situation.  Then on Friday we met with the mom to set up a stop drinking plan.  It was a really good lesson about the Word of Wisdom.  Gave her a calender to see her progress and everything. Wahoo!  They then came to church on Sunday.  Except that little scallywag again.  We're racking our brains for any ideas possible that we can do to get that punk to come to church! Unfortunately, 2 hour sessions of conference aren't the best to interest an 11 year-old.  But we're gonna do what we can by dang! Church went really well for them. Lots of support and stayed the whole time.  The dad later told us he woke up and said he wasn't going to go, but then prayed for strength and ended up getting up and getting ready.  What? Legit! Win!  Then we met with them that night too with Florín.  He's the Romanian that gave us the reference, remember him?  Well he's dope.  And did a great job of helping us teach them the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I asked the mom if I could see her calender to see if she had been following the plan and she said "No hace falta.  No he bebido ninguna cerveza desde entonces!"  Jolín!  That was a fantastic moment.  So she has started out strong.  And that's where we sit with them for now.  We should have a lesson with them this afternoon.  

Things are going well the mom of the other part member family too.  She didn't come to church this week, which made me sad, but she says she's gonna come to conference and so we're gonna challenge her to have some questions ready beforehand so she can find out if they're real apostles and if the church is restored and whatnot.  Let's hope it all goes well and Conference for the win!  Like always.  

Speaking of which, let's talk about Conference.  Lots of people have asked.  We get to watch Conference here in our fantastic church building that's a real church building.  We'll see one session on Saturday, and then 3 on Sunday.  That's it.  I won't get to see the afternoon session of Saturday, but I plan on downloading it next p-day and putting it on my flash drive. So I'll get to hear it anyways.  I ain't gonna let no conference get away from me.  I love it.  Conference is so legit if you prepare for it spiritually.  Have some questions in mind. Pray about it.  Think about where you're at and where you want to go. Then watch it, listen for answers and have the faith and courage to put it into action. That's what we've been teaching a lot this last week, so I thought maybe you'd like to hear it as well.  

Pedro.  I forgot to talk about him last week I think.  Oops. Sorry :)  He is a Dominican too that has a mom that is less active, but has been going to church for like 8 months again.  They say he got baptized when he was 8 in the Dominican Republic, but there are no church records for it.  So we have been the lucky ones to go through and re-teach him everything and he passed his baptism interview on Saturday.  So he'll be getting baptized right before conference over here in Spain on Saturday.  It'll be legit!

And today we went on a walk along this big cliff place up here on the coast of Spain.  If you can look really far off into the distance in some of them, I think France is over there somewhere.  I miss you Tim.  

Happy birthday Mom.  One year older and wiser too!  Happy Birthday to Krista on July 4th of last year too, I guess I forgot.  :)

Love you all!

-Elder Jeppson




Elder Jeppson and Elder Rigtrup

Elder Jeppson & Elder Rigtrup



1 comment:

  1. And yes, that would be me that complained about not getting any pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete