Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bacalao bacalao baca baca bacalao...

I feel like a man of many words, but today, I shall stray from the path...and save it for the weekend.

It has been a good week.  The first half was fantastic.  It ended with a redhead in white.  That's always good news.  So the baptism obviously went well.  She had her dad do it just like we had planned.  It was really cool.  After he confirmed her on Sunday they gave each other a big hug and it was just like...Wow. So much forgiveness and change in their lives. That, my friends, is what the gospel of Jesus Christ is all about.  Years of not getting along solved and healed by the teachings of the Savior.  It was a pretty cool feeling realizing what it has all come down to.  

Elida's baptism
I'll talk about some other people.  We have been teaching Aixamar, who is the sister of Pedro. He got baptized like a month and a bit ago. Do you remember him? Good.  But she has basically told us she is not willing to change her life.  It is really sad to see. She just barely turned 17 and is making decisions that will definitely bring more challenges into her life with time.  It is sad to see, but I know that we have done our part in teaching and testifying and inviting the spirit.  She comes to church de vez en cuando, but it does seem like we might be dropping her for a bit as far as the teaching goes. It just isn't her time yet I suppose.  

Pedro is doing really well.  He is actually dating Élida now, who got baptized on Saturday.  So you single guys out there, accompany the missionaries, you never know what special person you're gonna meet! Hahaha But he is a branch missionary and is helping us tons and all is well with him.  He has been teaching me some spanish rap, which is actually where the last subject came from. It's fun, cause I learn it from him, and I have never even heard the real version of the song, so I am pretty sure I really slaughter it. He gets lots of laughs from it though. So like a true rapper, I keep rapping.

Luis and Zoraida are still as amazing as ever. Zoraida is already doing her visiting teaching and Luis has the priesthood, as I've already told you.  I bought some triples and bibles for them that I should get this sweekend and all is just shipshape with them.  They're gonna be such a great little family in the church.  Well, they already are! Ha! I just love it.  

Thats about all I have. I'll be open to all questions this Sunday, so come prepared so we don't all just get bored-drunk looking at each others beautiful faces.  We have a zone conference on Friday, so I guess I'll be taking part in that.  Duty calls.  I suppose that makes it a call of Duty.  Or as the mexicans say, Yo quiero Taco Bell. 

Love,
Elder Jeppson

P.S.: Dad, I guess I'll be on at 5 my time and 9 AM your time.  Mom, I'll be on at 8/8:15 my time and 12/12:15 your time.  You know the words, so sing along for me baby...

The baptism picture, and another Gijón picture, but with pros clothes.  Look at me being a missionary!


No comments:

Post a Comment