Wednesday, May 30, 2012

La vuelta del Jedi - El Final ha llegado


 
Hello there familia! 
 
Welp, as some of you have already found out somehow, I have indeed been changed once again.  And once again I'm in the great city of Madrid!  Crazy!  So it's been quite a week to say the least. I'll get crackin.
 
On Thursday I went on exchanges with Elder Miner in Oviedo.  It was a pretty good exchange.  Had some good lessons with people and felt like we saw some success with their investigators.  One of them prayed that had been denying to pray for a long time and another couple was pretty fun to get to know.  It seems like all is going quite well for them over there in Oviedo and I really like Elder Miner.  He has a really cool story.  He's the first in his family to like graduate from high school and get active in the church and break free from a bad environment and be successful.  It's really cool.  I love that kid a lot.  He's still really young and he'll have a lot of success in the mission I think.
 
And then Friday came.  We had a lesson with Antonio and María, who are the people we had found last weekend.  We talked to them a bit about the Plan of Salvation and then ended up setting a Date for the 23rd of June.  They were a little hesitant at first, but in the end decided they'll shoot for it and do what they can to get prepared.  So that'll be cool to see unravel and progress.  Or should I say would have been cool? Because right after that, we went to the computer to check email and find out transfers, which is when I found out that I am back in Madrid.  Actually, I'm even right back to my good ol' stomping grounds.  Anybody remember where I started the mission at? Feels like it was soooo long ago and at the same time I feel like it was just yesterday.  Barrio 2.  The land of the AP's.  So many memories of running around super confused and not understanding any Spanish or how to be a missionary or anything, and now it's my turn to be back and try it all over again.  Guess there was/is somebody here that I didn't find that I was supposed to. The Lord is being nice and giving me another shot :)  So I have a car again!  Haha In a mission that only has 4 cars I have still found a way to have one for almost an entire year of the mission! Look at that suerte! 
 
True Love for that family!
So on Saturday I just packed my bags and said goodbye to everybody basically.  It was hardest saying goodbye to all the Domincans.  The family and Pedro.  I'm gonna miss those jokesters.  Que lo que? But that is just how missionary life is.  I feel like my time in Gijón just flew by amazingly fast!  I loved it there. Even with all the depressing rain that made for some wicked hard days sometimes.  I did get to say goodbye to Carmelo too though.  He is a great man and example to me.  Reminds me a ton of you Dad, so you can imagine how much I liked getting to go to his house every week.  It was a true blessing getting to know them all.  Sunday I got to hear Luis give his very first talk ever and then they let me bear my testimony to them.  I talked about pure love throwing out all fear.  Fear.  The opposite of Faith.  If we truly love others, we're not afraid to invite them to hear the gospel or do whatever part we can to help them out.  True love just has its very own category there.
 
And then 5 hours on a train and here I am.  Some of the things I do these days is go to the office on Mondays (I just can't stay away from that doomed place!) and deal with transfer stuff too. Driving people around and giving little going away devotional things and talk to the new missionaries that come in and help them see what in the world the mission will have in store for them. Not that it's possible to teach that until you just get thrown into the water and do it full out.  It'll be really interesting with the mission president change that is coming at the end of June too.  I'm guessing I'll have to help him get settled in and figure out what is going on here in the mission and whatnot.  Gonna be crazy.  The craziest part is that my companion goes home 1 week after the president change too, so I guess I'll talk about him. before I go.
 
Four generations of secretaries of the mission office.
Elder Rigby.  From Maryland. Just north of D.C.  So I went from Rigtrup right south of D.C. jumped over D.C. to Rigby.  Needless to say I mix them up in contacts when I'm introducing my companion.  He goes home in 6 weeks and that is basically all I know to say. Great guy. Sings a lot. Talks fast.  and yeah.  That's what's up.  We get along great.  He used to call me every Monday and we already knew each other so I don't expect any problems with the companion for this transfer.  And if there any well than I'll just get over it cause I'm not a baby! Haha. 
 
So yeah. My address is
 
Elder Jeppson
Calle Miami 7, 3ºC
Madrid, 28027
Spain
 
Look familiar?  Not surprised.  But honestly I would just suggest sending everything to the Mission Office cause I'm in there every day and it is what I'll write as my return address always haha. Kind of fun being back in the same piso again though.  Except now I don't sleep on the flooor! Wahoo! That's where I'm at these days. 
 
So thanks for everything. I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed the last couple days so if you threw a prayer my way I wouldn't complain. I love you all! I'm extremely grateful to be here doing the Lord's work and I'm proud to wear His name on my chest everyday.  I love you all! Keep it chill.
 
-Elder Tanton Jeppson
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment