Friday, May 18, 2012

Tots units fem força

Elder Jeppson & Elder Rigtrup
All together, we are strong.  And so it is with the family.  It was lovely to see your beautiful faces.  Happy mother's day to all you mother's out there again. Welcome to the family Gemma. It's a crazy world out there!

It was quite a fast week. I'll recap it, just like I do every other week.  On Thursday, we had P-day with the zone.  We played soccer. I played goalie.  I love playing goalie in soccer, cause I played goalie in hockey, so the reflexes transfer over más o menos.  It's a lot of fun.  It worked me pretty dead.  So we went back to the piso and had a nap sesh.  And when I say that I mean the Ayudante Elder Rigby called me to make sure everything was set to go for zone conference right as I was falling asleep so I didn't actually take a nap.  But it was still real tranquil.   During the work hours of P-day Elder Jaramillo and I worked together in León and taught a former investigator.  He ended up showing us his sore bum where he had gotten a shot a couple of days before hahaha. It was pretty nasty.  Then we just finished planning Zone Conference and went to bed.

On Friday, we had Zone Conference.  Wahoo! All of the talks and workshops fit together like perfectly!  It must have been inspiration.  President talked to us about how we need to change our mindsets to finding to teach and teaching to find.  Basically, we need to be more focused on teaching haha.  Missionaries are teachers.  Then Hermana Watkins talked to us about things that add to our efficiency as missionaries and things that distract us and hurt us, which was a complete theft of my talk.  But it was ok.  The AP's showed us a part of the Lion King, so I was stoked about that.  Then talked about how we need to remember that we're children of God and He lives in us.  Hahaha If that doesn't encourage us to watch Disney movies I don't know what does! Just kidding. And then Elder Jaramillo talked about the importance of unity in the companionship and I talked about choosing what type of missionary we want to be, and that it's the little choices we make about our attitude and such that make us become who we become.  There's always a point in the mission where we have to choose who we want to be.  Then we both talked together about our purpose as missionaries with an emphasis on the Atonement.  If we don't share this gospel, nobody else can repent of their sins and apply the Atonement in their life, therefore Jesus Christ suffered for them, but they can't even receive the blessings.  Fuerte.  That's why it's so important that we share it.

And that was Zone Conference basically.  We also practiced asking inspired questions in lessons, but we didn't have a lot of time, so it was a little rushed unfortunately.  Ate some glorious Domino's pizza and had interviews with President.  I think it was my last one with President Watkins.  that's crazy to me! Time is flying out the window.  May is already halfway gone.  But it went well.  Very normal interview.  And then it was back to a bus and back to Gijón! I loved the 2 hour bus ride.  I just stared out the window and thought about everything possible in the world. I miss time like that to just think and have a tranquilo bit of time.  It reminds me of looking at the stars back home.  I love it.  I miss it.  

And so here we are.  We have just been doing some normal work for the past couple of days.  Lessons, contacts, went to church (the Watkins were actually there, so that was cool), and then we all know I Skyped the fam.  Wasn't that just so fantastic?  It was especially great to see Gemma and the other nephews and nieces.  They're all growing real fast.  Even Trey and Dylan will be playing hockey before we know it!  That's great.  Thanks for taking time out of your Sundays to talk to me.  I really liked it.  Crazy that it was the last time to talk to home.  Feels like the Christmas one was like a month ago.  That time went really really fast too.



And that's about all I have.  A miracle of the week came on Monday.  We went to this Romanian dude's house to teach him, and he wasn't there.  So we were like poop.  And started knocking two streets down from where he lived.  Who did we run into as we walked out of one of the buildings? The Romanian dudde!  So we taught him at a coffee bar, where he bought us drinks (juices, don't get your knickers in a bunch) and we got him to pray for the first time.  It's always so great when people pray for the very first time.  I feel like we're witnessing King Lamoni or his dad when they pray for the first time.  Good stuff.  

Welp, that's about all I've got for today.  I love you all. You're good people.  I'll admit it.  I guess I'll just go to work for a week and we'll see what I have to say next time Wednesday rolls around.  Church is true.  

-Elder Jeppson

I left my SD card at home, so these pictures are from my companions camera.  Don't judge me. I'm more of a crack on other people's cameras...

No comments:

Post a Comment