Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go...


And so it does.  We'll see where the time takes me this week.  Transfer news is this weekend. Always fun.  I haven't been here in Gijón very long, so it isn't wicked probable that I'll leave, but élder Rigtrup has a couple of transfers under his belt and has already had to deal with me for two whole transfers, so there could very well be some changes. I don't make transfer predictions anymore. I have way too terrible of a history to continue to try making those predictions. I'm ALWAYS wrong.  So we'll just wait and find out. But it might be wise to hold out a week before sending me anything if you're feeling that charitable.
 
Onto bigger and better news.  I have good news from this week.  On Thursday we found a Brasilian girl that we were able to teach that day as well! It was really cool. Brasilians are great people. Very believing.  But she is going to Paris on Monday.  Which was 2 days ago.  So it was a one hit wonder I guess.  Too bad :( We did get her a Book of Mormon in Portuguese and Spanish though. Hopefully she'll use it for some light reading on the plane.  Ya just never know where those seeds are gonna end up planted...
 
Some sad news from the last week is that Élida moved to León to get some work.  She told us she is gonna use all her free time to read the Book of Mormon from start to finish though.  There's nothing quite like hearing a recent convert/investigator tell you that.  Pedro is pretty sad now that his new found girlfriend already left for León, but she's gonna try and come back on weekends.  So I guess that's cool?
 
Luis and Zoraida keep on keepin' on.  Luis even has a talk this weekend.  I'm pretty stoked to hear him blow our minds with his testimony and show the members here what's up.  He is seriously gonna be such a strong part of this branch.  He has this testimony that is growing stronger and stronger as he has more and more time to study the doctrine and scriptures and whatnot.  It wouldn't surprise me if he is like some leader in the church within a short time.  I wish I could convey with words how I feel when I am with that family. 
  
A miracle of the week came on Saturday:  We had a correlation meeting with our branch mission leader and so we went to his house but he called us and was like "yeah...ummm....I'm not home. Sorry! Come back later and we'll do this shindig." So we left and thought "Well, we'll work in this area cause we're already here and we don't work around here a ton."  So we did.  While we were knocking doors this family was like "Yeah, come on in!" which doesn't happen a ton in Spain.  So we did.  And we taught them what we call a lesson 0.  Basically, we explain who we are and what we do and do our best to get to know the jokesters so we can adapt all teachings to their needs in the future.  The mom is from Ecuador and the dad is from (drum roll please) Spain! Then the mom has a daughter from a previous relationship.  All three were there and we invited them to church on Sunday.  Went to their house to pick them up on Sunday and what happened? They were ready! and they came and had a great experience and we taught them again Sunday night with Carmelo.  The big Venezuelan dude that is super legit.  Good lesson. Taught about the BoM and left them some.  Fast forward to yesterday. Had another lesson with them and they had read and were like, we know that this baptism thing is really important but we want to wait a little bit to be sure about it.  Keep in mind that we hadn't even taught baptism really yet. Just mentioned it.  They picked up on it from the reading. Ohhhh snap! So basically, I'm pretty dang excited about these jokesters.  I can't wait to see them progress and read and pray and get ready to get baptized!
 
We also had some Romanians in the church on Sunday.  Cosmin and María.  Che Fach.  They only stayed for the first hour.  But we are also really excited about them.  They have some more Romanian barriers than set up for a real fast conversion process, but once they get the law of chastity and word of wisdom under their belts, I can see them being really believing and stoked on the church.  So that's legit too.
 
There are some highlights from my week.  Sounds like all have had a pretty good week back home too.  That's always nice to hear.  School should be getting out soon, right? Summertime, sweet, sweet summertime. Enjoy running in the grass with bear feet.  or is it bare feet?  Bare feet looks better to me. But it'd be sweet to run in the grass with bear feet too I suppose.  Speaking of which, today we went to Covadonga.  I'll attach some pictures.  I even drank from the fountain of marriage.  Which means I should get married within 1 year from today according to the legend.  Ohh snap! But it was basically just a really cool,up in the mountains, catholic monastery thing where catholic people go to worship la virgen de covadonga.  So yeah.  It was fun to get to see all the scenery here in Asturias on the hour drive over too.  So yeah! Toma! The other pictures are my Very First attempt at a Spanish Tortilla.  Ahh snap! and I also created a game on the bike workout machine in the park called "Do it standing up" that was a riot.  So yeah...
 
I love you all.  Coming to you live from Gijón, the north Coast of Spain, you stay classy San Diego.
 
I'm Elder Jeppson?

No comments:

Post a Comment